It's done,my Darth Maul inspired P2 Bio

MotoGuy75

Hello fellow members,

Well I recently did a P2 bio painted up to look like the claw predator in the new AVP game,and wasn't really happy with it.So I decided to put together two of my favorite things,Predator and Star Wars.So here it is my Darth Maul inspired P2 Bio helmet.The designs were painted on using stencils that I drew up and cut out, the eye lens is wire mesh screen wrapped over black 1/16" inch plexigalss,and the hose connections are standard gas stove connectors.Oh and the final clearcoat is a mixture of one coat matte and two coats gloss.Oh question,do you guys think horns would give or take away from the helmet?

Enjoy and Thanks,Daren

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

thanks Daren,nice poster.It look like a Narin P2 but I havent seen one of those in ages! I think Larry was selling one like it a while back.they are oversized comapred to a reg bio and the mysteria are undersized comapred to a reg bio.
Hello,

Honestly I am not sure who made the bio,I bought it from Monsters in Motion about oh 10 years ago.As for the plaque beneath,it is a Predator 2 concept poster I made on my computer awhile back,here is the link

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...c=16367&hl=

Thanks Guys,Daren

Awesome! I was thinking of the same thing. But I think it wouldn't take away from it. A crown on the top of the bio in the three black locations and then one on each side. But awesome job!!! :D

Oh question,do you guys think horns would give or take away from the helmet?
Aw, I was hoping that batmanvspredator had his P1 maul posted in his profile.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showuser=2741
he's got his Darth Maul theme mask in it though.

I did find it in his Power Loader WIP thread
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=15832
fourth pick down in the background. I know he's got pick of it some where.

Anyway, my point is that it could still look great with horns. :D

Hello batmanvspredator,

Yours looks pretty good as well.I think I am gonna not apply the horns after all,I am liking it the way it is.

Daren

Ok im new to the making a mask thing but that is the coolest bio mask i have ever seen.
im just wondering how did you get the paint job so sleek and shiny every time i try it comes out weird and glopy mabye im just not a painter person but any tips?

Nice! It fits the bio so nicely that if it were any other color than red you couldn't even tell it was maul inspired. I think horns would set it off. I'd go wolf style. About six on each side around the crown. I'd start with one on the inside of the red paint. Really cool guy. Can't wait to see more.

Hello Fellow fans,

Thanks so much for the cool comments.punishing pred asked a question about how the paint looks so sleak and shiny.I will try and answer it.I first started out by sanding the bio down with 150,220, and 400 grit sandpaper.Then applied about 6 coats of opaque black,then applied about another 5-6 coats of opaque red,then finally applied the patterns using stencils that I drew up and cut out of Bristoll paper.The final clear coat is a mixture of one coat matte clear and 2 coats of gloss.I put it on semi thick,but make sure no runs appear.I then heat set it with a hair dryer on high,do this between each coat of paint.All paint used including clear coat is createx waterbase airbrush paint.

Hope that helps,Daren

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back