It's a wonderful life

@ Lt Washburn - after a long search I found out that these "antique / french newels" are quite expensive, so gave up the idea.

Then I found an old man that still works on wood as an hobby and asked him to make me one (the price was so much lower than what I had seen that I went ahead with it)

Very pleased with the result. Here's the pics:

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg

A shadow box is a good idea to "house" the petals
I hope your sister liked the box and knows why you did it and what the petals mean
A beautiful movie (not just to watch over Xmas). A true and inspiring classic !

A shadow box is a good idea to "house" the petals
I hope your sister liked the box and knows why you did it and what the petals mean
A beautiful movie (not just to watch over Xmas). A true and inspiring classic !
I framed it up with a bell and still photo of Zuzu riding on George's back. Our Dad's nickname for her was Zuzu. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

@ Lt Washburn - after a long search I found out that these "antique / french newels" are quite expensive, so gave up the idea.

Then I found an old man that still works on wood as an hobby and asked him to make me one (the price was so much lower than what I had seen that I went ahead with it)

Very pleased with the result. Here's the pics:

View attachment 1298375View attachment 1298376View attachment 1298377View attachment 1298378
The saga of the loose banister top is one of the most charming parts about that drafty old house that makes me love this movie.

Absolutely love this thread. It's a great movie and I never get tired of watching it. I've always wanted one of those George lassos the Moon posters, but every single one I've ever noticed doesn't have the faint clouds in the background. Little detail that few people notice I think. I wish I had $1000000 hot dog LOL

Maybe you can find a bottle of this.

It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Screencap.jpg

Attachments

• It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad 2.jpg
    It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 43
  • It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad 1947.jpg
    It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad 1947.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 54
  • It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad.jpg
    It's a Wonderful Life King Whisky Bottle Ad.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 59

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back