It Tells Me To Hurry Up And Finish This! So I Did On 11-4-2012!

REYALS1

Yes... I have the customizing bug. Although I am not totally recreating parts, pieces, and sculpting my accessories... I am using what is at my disposal as of now.

Up next on the "chopping block"... (heh, heh... get it? :unsure: me either)... is the only thing that made me say "WOW" in the AVP-R film, our beloved WOLF.

I started out so far by removing his lower limbs... "oh the screams of sweet, sweet agony he cried"... then, so I wouldn't have to hear his grovelling and wimpering... I removed his head... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Enjoy the slow... slow... oh so... very... slow... ride. o_O

PIC's ON LAST PAGE!!!

New_Wolf_cus.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf?lol anyway watcha makin? im working on three customs MK3 Cyber Smoke,Mileena MK2 with MK9 mask,And a made up design for Rain.All MK figures lol

I do like customising preds and as much as possible I don't like to sculpt the parts, I'd rather salvage it from another figure since my sculpting skills aren't that great. But sometimes I do try to sculpt but if it doesn't work I don't force it. On most occasions I can tell which parts are sculpted. No offense to those who like to sculpt their parts cause I have seen some serious skills in these forums.

11/6- Itty bitty teeny weeny update.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11/16- some more progress...

Had to break for the night. I have been at it for quite some time. I am exhausted...

Blade.JPG

New Armor 1.JPG

New Armor 2.JPG

New Armor 3 (tease).JPG

Looking good!
Thanks Sorrow.

I want to work some more on it tonight if my crazy children will allow me. :rolleyes: I hate sitting them in front of the idiot box but when Papa needs some spare time away from 10,000 questions... the idiot box is his best friend (and Nick Jr too...at least it's educational).

Good Luck ? No my friend... it's all about the skill.

Nah, I'm just messin'. Actually there is a lot of fine details in it. I am a fan of detail therefore it shows in my work on the few customs I have done so far.

I appreciate the encouragement though. Thanks Botman. (y)

I'll probably take that first pic of the dagger and make it smaller (didn't realize I left it that ginormous).

New update added.

I am thinking of darkening up the mouth area. Looks a little too pink to me. What do you all think? Any insight on how much more, or if it looks fine is appreciated and welcomed.

WolfCus1.jpg

The staff was a wip from about 2 months ago. I thought of an idea for my broken McF warrior alien's tail so I started putting it together. So far I like the result. There will be more added to it too. It's long too... 14 and 3/4 inches and looks really cool next to a NECA 8" figure.

Staff.jpg

This will be a journey I wish all of you to travel with me on, so any critique, questions, comments, suggestions are highly sought after here (unless they are in a negative, degrading way... but I don't see a problem with that on 'The Lair').

Enjoy the update.

Lookin good man. Question... when u get done altering his colors on his skin... whats the best approach to get the mesh re painted ?

~CYCLONE_06

Lookin good man. Question... when u get done altering his colors on his skin... whats the best approach to get the mesh re painted ?

~CYCLONE_06
I am going to use the sharpie marker approach before I seal it. If I see that isn't working, I have modified a brush to ensure a good "fine" line and will try that.

I'm thinking of adding some red and yellow highlights to him. I'm also sketching out some patterns to see if I can come up with a really unique design.

Small update on the yet unnamed Wolf Predator's victim... which I will call 'Al...the DeDPreDHeD'.

DeDPreD.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back