It only took me 45 years.......to start collecting Models = Buck Rogers Star Fighter Page 2

This builder inspired me to work on the Marauder

Modeler's Miniatures & Magic

Laser cut detail panels

Parts 001.jpg

BR Marauder 002.jpg

BR Marauder 003.jpg

Those details parts sure make a huge difference!

Are you going to add the window frame pieces on the sides?

Yes, but I want to use a printed frame with a cross section that fit's the transition better

I have a bunch of parts I want get printed in resin, just have to find someone that can do it

Depending on the size I might be able to help you out. I have an Elegoo Saturn which is pretty nice but fairly small build size.

If the parts are already drawn :). I'm a complete noob at 3D modeling... but can print already modeled parts :)

Jedi Dade

Depending on the size I might be able to help you out. I have an Elegoo Saturn which is pretty nice but fairly small build size.

If the parts are already drawn :). I'm a complete noob at 3D modeling... but can print already modeled parts :)

Jedi Dade

I can only create simple blue prints of the parts

They are not complicated but I don't have any experience creating 3d files

The window frames look perfect and add a lot of needed detail

Thanks, they're not perfect but I'm sure that who ever provides the final finish for this will make those details look stellar

I have to be honest, I never realized how much detail this model was missing until I watched Interstellar's vids and the pictures he linked too

It's almost impossible to make the model match those pics but I'm going for a good blend of what is was and what it can be.

PRESENTING MY RANGER

Recently I commissioned RPF member “thepoynt” to work with me on my Interstellar Ranger model

I hired him to do the final assembly and finish once I filled the model with plaster which requires a partnership with the model builder

He recently finished the model and his work exceeded my expectations and I hope he accepts future commissions from me

Ranger 007.jpg

Ranger 008.jpg

Ranger 009.jpg

Ranger 011.jpg

There is almost a TRON vibe with that fighter. Imagine it with black light paint.

I am far more cruel in that I would have sawed that angular tumor of a cockpit pit off and turned the now low and sleek hull into a larger craft. The cockpit needs to be a robot/mech head or something

While I can apprciate modelers that customize models, our collection is more about representing the spacecraft from the movies and TV shows that we love

We recently received a BSG OS Viper which was finished by a modeler from Greece and it has been on our want list for 2 decades

After 3 prior failed attempts we finally have a Viper we can and proudly add to our wall

I'll post images of it later.

The Hammerhead, sweet ! It doesn't get enough love. Glad to see one displayed. I got too many projects to build one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back