It has begun .. T800 frame, that is.

Sean1987

Mig welded the frame today and got the hips set. This thing has parts from the US , Great Britain , The Netherlands , Asia and Spain . Ps. These are not fun to build.

9F446003-EC1F-42CA-A57A-1C8CB48A1D6B.jpeg

Really cool.

I sadly have no capability to make one myself, so when I need one I have to commission one or build it without welding.

A suggestion, in case you hadn't thought about it already, when you come to the shoulder pieces - don't place them too far apart with a too far gap in between them. The round outer section should be about level with the outer edge of the chest - with a variation of slightly further out or slightly further in, but never fully clear of that outer chest edge. No human has shoulders that wide and the originals were never that wide. I see people place the neck piece down in between them - they should sit above them.

Really cool.

I sadly have no capability to make one myself, so when I need one I have to commission one or build it without welding.

A suggestion, in case you hadn't thought about it already, when you come to the shoulder pieces - don't place them too far apart with a too far gap in between them. The round outer section should be about level with the outer edge of the chest - with a variation of slightly further out or slightly further in, but never fully clear of that outer chest edge. No human has shoulders that wide and the originals were never that wide. I see people place the neck piece down in between them - they should sit above them.
I know exactly what you’re talking about. Good advice for staying anatomically correct. I think some people building them want to make the shoulders larger for effect. I’ll be starting the upper torso as soon as the next shipment arrives from the UK. That one has the shoulder motors and the abdominals. Have you built something similar ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back