IT FITS! IT FITS!!! Wooohoooooo!!!!

:confused :confused :confused

I swear I'm usually not that spacy - chalk it up to it being finals time (oh, the life of a law student...) and the fact that the NYC MTA workers are on the verge of striking...

Thanks guys

~Dave

Originally posted by Serafino+Dec 15 2005, 12:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serafino @ Dec 15 2005, 12:05 PM)</div>
Um, read the thread?  ;)

Originally posted by Romans Empire@Dec 5 2005, 12:06 AM
No problem. It was a good question that should help others as well. :)

<!--QuoteBegin-tk421mv7
@Dec 4 2005, 11:22 AM
I'll be using one of your brand-new knobs, so 10" should do it, right?  Thanks.
[snapback]1128243[/snapback]​

Yup, 10" will work perfectly. :)
[snapback]1128806[/snapback]​
[snapback]1136517[/snapback]​
[/b]

You can also find 3/8-16 rods in auto parts stores in 12" legnths, I found some at my local NAPA. They are used in engine build-ups and such.

Cool, I'm all set.

I tried Home Depot this time and it was a totally different experience from Lowes. Somebody who was actually helpful pointed me in the direction of the shorter threaded rods in Hardware (I had been looking at the 20' ones in the Electrical section). While I do plead ignorance, after all I HAD found 3/8 threaded rod, it still doesn't excuse the behavior of the guy at Lowes... which I didn't get into but believe me when I tell you he was a jerk from the start.

Anyway, I picked up a 24" piece so I could cut two rods in case I either screw up or eventually build two sabers. :) I also remembered to pick up a couple of 3/8 nuts to clean up the threads *after* I cut it...

One could always pick up a 4' rod and assemble your saber with that. Think about it. The extra 3' coming out through the emitter... it could be a dueling saber. ;)

Originally posted by Romans Empire@Jan 30 2006, 09:19 PM
One could always pick up a 4' rod and assemble your saber with that. Think about it. The extra 3' coming out through the emitter... it could be a dueling saber. ;)
[snapback]1172356[/snapback]​

I actually thought about that looking at the 2" that sticks out of the pieces I have now....but then I figured it might be a tad on the heavy side.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back