Isn't this guy just saying "I recast this helmet"?

Actualy that's a nice helmet. I never saw anywhere that he said "HE" recast it, but shure sounds clear a day that SOMEONE did. LOL.

Still a nice helmet.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 7 2006, 10:12 PM
Actualy that's a nice helmet.  I never saw anywhere that he said "HE" recast it, but shure sounds clear a day that SOMEONE did.

"I have made a very short run of only three helmets like this..."

I dunno. That says guilty to me. :)

Is a very nice casting made in high quality fiberglass from a Ghost Host helmet.
I have made a very short run of only three helmets like this, and I´ve put attention to the tiniest of the details.

thats... possibly the dumbest recaster ever.

I´m both professional propmaker & SW collector, so you can expect a very, very nice helmet.

the above statement is why i think that he is the dumbest ever. i think all prop makers, professional and hobby, get PISSED BEYOND BELIEF when thier hard work is recast. having this guy just blurt out "I DID IT YAY GO ME I CAN POUR SILICONE." means hes a few eggs short of a basket.

damn. :confused

Originally posted by batninja+Mar 7 2006, 08:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(batninja @ Mar 7 2006, 08:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jack Bauer
@Mar 7 2006, 10:12 PM
Actualy that's a nice helmet.  I never saw anywhere that he said "HE" recast it, but shure sounds clear a day that SOMEONE did.

"I have made a very short run of only three helmets like this..."

I dunno. That says guilty to me. :)
[snapback]1201137[/snapback]​
[/b]

I remember back when I did a run of Imperial Rank Badges where I used the EXACT terminology but replaced the term "helmets" with "Badges" and somone else actualy made them. I was the person that put the ball in motion.

I know the RPF is FIRST to judge and slam people for recasting, but the guys verbiage STILL doesn't say that HE recast the GH helmet. He pretty much just says it was recast. In a certain sort of words. You are automaticaly pointing a finger at him without EVER asking him or getting his side of the story. that is not only unfair, but un-American. (I know, I know not all of us ar in the US. I am so I said that.)

I don't entirlty get what the big deal is?

This very topic has forced me to start This thread on the RPF: CLICK HERE, Why is recating so bad.?

Well, this right here says he made these...

If there is any question, he is stating that He is taking responsability for it anyway...even if he didn't perform the "actual engineering"...He certainly makes it sound like he's done a heck of alot of work on these...and they're NOT represented as actual GH helmets...rather it is a casting from a Ghost Host helmet.

I'll just say this...he picked the wrong dude to rip off. :)

"I have made a very short run of only three helmets like this, and I´ve put attention to the tiniest of the details."

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the casting been cleaned up? The mouth looks less curved on the right side.

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Mar 8 2006, 09:42 AM
Sonofabitch even mentions my site where people can learn about the "proper" GH Helmet  :rolleyes

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1201298[/snapback]​

There's a photo with armor in it...I suppose he recast that too?

If anything it does look like a recast SPFX helmet. What's funny is that SPFX goes on so much about how inaccurate the GH ANH is, this guy probably doesn't know English that well and assummed that the SPFX helmet is a GH ANH :lol The paintwork looks pretty run of the mill to me. You can see the metallic grains in the faceplate paint...actually that would be similar to the older SPFX helmets in that regard.

:cheers,

Thomas

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back