ISD Cooper or Anigrand?

TCSloan

Im looking at buying one of the ISD kits, but Im not sure which one to go with as far as quality and fit. Obviously both being resin will have its usual stuff, but which one is the better choice? And lighting will be a concern as well, so not sure which would be best in that area too. what say you?

If you have worked with resin before, either kit will build well. Yes, both will have slight warp issues and require straightening. Both can be lit with fiber optics as well. The RC, being bigger, will have more detail. I would suggest, if you haven't already, is search for the various builds that have been documented on each one. In the end it may just come down to the size issue and display space you have available. Both build up beautifuly. I wont get into a "which is better" discussion as both have their pros and cons

The Anigrad kit is a hybrid between the ISD I & II. That is the Devestator in ANH and the Avenger in TESB. The Cooper model represents the ISD II although it is not the Avenger. There are two factors to consider choosing which one to buy and build;

1. Which ship to you to represent ? If you go with the Anigrad and want to be true to the movies then some mods will have to be done to make it lok like either a version I or II ISD.

2. How much room do you have to display the model ? The Cooper ship is larger than the Anigrad.

Hope that has been of some help mate.

Cheers.

I would also say there is the price. But with the Anigrand discontinued, they are running close to what a RC would cost you. I got mine for the original price of $295 I think it was.:cool

Hey thanks for the advice guys. I didnt know that about the Anigrand kit. That really helps in my decision. Room isnt really an issue, but the price is, and your right, since the Ani kit is almost the same as the RC one. I just wasnt sure how much quality difference Id get,but now that I know that about the Anigrand "hybrid" , then the RC kit it is! Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.

I've seen great things done with both kits. Pick whichever one you prefer. Neither are totally "screen accurate", but both build into lovely representations of Star Destroyers.

They both do look great when built. My main concern was quality, but knowing about the hybrid deal does make my decision a bit easier.

The RC kit has issues with fit, around the tower mainly, could be partly because it's just so damn big (parts warp a little and need encouragement!) Also the edges of the big slabs of resin which form the hull show at the stern, meaning the stern edges are over scale thickness. That one isn't an easy problem to fix because of the way it goes together and I haven't yet seen anyone try to do much with that.

Those are minor issues; I regret parting with mine and will buy another. It's a stunner of a kit.

thanks guys for the advice, and that link is really cool. Very nice paintjob and lighting. I took too long in making my decision. I was going to buy one of the kits on ebay, but theyre gone now

The Anigrand is very high quality, the reason I got that one though is the size, the Cooper one is just so huge. But you really shouldn't worry about either.

Though one note on the Cooper is that if it were to arrive with bad/broken parts then he can give you replacements, can't do that with Anigrand

thanks guys for the advice, and that link is really cool. Very nice paintjob and lighting. I took too long in making my decision. I was going to buy one of the kits on ebay, but theyre gone now

Ebay? All ya have to do is patience,it showup sometime.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back