Isaac_A_Steiner UPDATE 02/02/06

Personally, I paid Florian $15 for a phaser holster. I am not sure how much additional shipping charges will be once the whole package gets to the US, but I would be willing to cover the rest of the charges as long as they were under $10. Otherwise, it's just not worth it to me to sink more money into this whole ordeal.

Sean

"quote"
To keep shipping costs down I suggested to have everything shipped to me first at a low european shipping charge (Austria to Germany). I would then either send everything out to the single members from Germany, or send everything in one big parcel to a trusted member in the U.S. who then could distribute the single pieces to U.S. members, again at a smaller shipping fee. "end quote"

But if Florian has no income, then how is he going to come up with the cash to ship these? Won't that entail sending him cash to do this? And since it's been stated that the props are lowest on his priority list, would'nt he normaly spend this on food/lodging???
And again, how do we know that these are even finished? No ones seen pics of anything (tons of emails promising shipment but nada yet.)

Well, I'm torn. Like I said, I could go ten, okay, fifteen bucks more into this, but I'd be surprised if that would be enough for my share of two combined shipments and the final one to me. And I'd hate to discover that once it got here it was one of the crappy ones he had his friend finishing for him while he was in the hospital.

How's this sound:

Michael has the lot sent to him as proposed. He then takes an inventory, and pictures, and we all figure out which of us has claim to the items. We'll all have to be gentlemenly about it, in the event, say, that there are five TMP comms but six of us are expecting one. I'd like to think we can all play nice without having to drag out documentation of who's been waiting the longest.

When that's figured out, then Michael, to his best estimate, divides the shipping cost of that big parcel from Florian to himself based on size/weight of items and we pay him. WE MUST ALLOW HIM TO MAKE THOSE ESTIMATIONS WITHOUT ANY BELLYACHING FROM US. With Michael reimbursed, (and perhaps we can give him a little extra for the trouble), step one is complete. It is important that once it is determined who has claim to items in the box, that those individuals pay him for that first shipment, whether we still want the item (now that we can see it) or not.

Step 2: based on the pics, we each decide if we even want our items shipped at all. If not, Michael does whatever he pleases with them. But for items we want, he gets the new (smaller?) parcel weighed and we pay him a second time for bulk shipment to the US, perhaps via surface to save cost. The US recipient takes it from there.

Sounds like a lot of bother for you, though, Michael! One flake among us and you're in the red.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>(tons of emails promising shipment but nada yet.)
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Yup. My item has supposedly been shipped four times now, but nothing.

I really don't care at this point. He's obviously taken my money and has no intention of getting me product so it is highly unlikely that my comm will even be there.

The bulk order seems to be the most logical, though.

I'm out about $100 and money is especially tight right now. I like Treadwell's suggestion of having the stuff group shipped and then inventoried and evaluated as whether it's worth the trouble and any more money. I would like to see photos of what I'm suppose to receive. Like stated above, if it's crap - why bother.

J

Hey Treadwell,

that was exactly what I had in mind doing
icon_smile.gif
Just a little summary of your suggestions, making them hereby my official plan:
(Step 1
icon_smile.gif

1) Getting the lot to me. Shipping paid in advance to Florian, I´ll take the risk and send him the money to do so, if he needs it.
2) Inventorize and take pics of the stuff and show them. Let people deicde whether they want the stuff or not. If something stays unwanted, I will then use this to cover for any additional shipping cost. OR the owner can put it on ebay, and I can send it out to the ebay-winner, how does that sound ?

(Step 2
icon_smile.gif

3) Ship the lot to the States, probably via surface (higher chance of it getting lost, but cheaper alright !)
4) Have it distributed by an U.S.member of the board (any volunteers on doing this?)

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Treadwell wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
With Michael reimbursed, (and perhaps we can give him a little extra for the trouble), step one is complete.
Sounds like a lot of bother for you, though, Michael! One flake among us and you're in the red.

No need for any extras here or worries about me going in the red, I am not parking your car or something like this
icon_razz.gif
Thanks for the suggestion, though. Just trying (as in "nothing achieved yet") to give something back to the community
icon_wink.gif

And don´t forget to thank OdiWan72, when everything is (hopefully sometime soon) completed.

Michael

OK, serious question here guys.

Has anyone actually seen, first hand, with their own eyes, Florian's "desperate situation".

And has anyone seen, first hand, with their own eyes, the allegedly completed and "perfect" props.

If not, can I suggest not throwing good money after bad....

Hey Michael,

many thanks for proceeding this during the last weeks!!!
I didn´t have any free time due to karnival (had appearances nearly every single day)...Bro, let me know, when/if you need any help!

Michaels plan sounds like a VERY good idea, even if he/we´d take the risk on our own, but who cares
icon_lol.gif

I really hope, Flo will be able to recover someday/somehow
icon_frown.gif

Cheers, Markus

Seymour Butz wrote:
OK, serious question here guys.

Has anyone actually seen, first hand, with their own eyes, Florian's "desperate situation".

And has anyone seen, first hand, with their own eyes, the allegedly completed and "perfect" props.

If not, can I suggest not throwing good money after bad....

Hey man, thanks for your opinion, but the "involved parties only please"-rule still applies ;-) See very first post.

And no, Markus and me know quite first hand about Florians desperate situation only by phone. But do you remember that Suicide-thread from last year ?

And the only one who is throwing any more money into this project would be me at the moment, namely possibly some money for the shipping, and I can live with that, it´s a little like gambling
icon_razz.gif
icon_wink.gif

Michael

As part of a trade, florian promised to send me 2 romulan eagle badges, a left hand phaser and a TOS comm. I wouldn't mind to pay a couple of bucks for shipping, but i agree that i would like to see proof that he has the items ready to ship, taking and posting pics costs nothing.

cheers,

Marc

I believe in having the stuff group shipped and then inventoried. I like to see photos of what I'm suppose to receive. Not crap like the last time.

I thought about something : maybe Florian could add (some of) his molds in the big box... I'd be interested in acquiring some, but only if I'm made sure I'll get them in the end, I'm not willing to throw more money to end up with nothing.

Nareem_Salbo wrote:
I thought about something : maybe Florian could add (some of) his molds in the big box... I'd be interested in acquiring some, but only if I'm made sure I'll get them in the end, I'm not willing to throw more money to end up with nothing.

I can understand your idea, but as I stated in an early post, Markus and me will not help Florian do any more business on this board, but are only trying to resolve existing deals.

So if you are interested in the molds, please contact him directly via email and suggest this to him. But please keep it completely separated from our little enterprise here, and please wait with asking him about this until we have finished everything up regarding this thread. It sure is understandable that we cannot add a "future deal" to the list.

I could mention to Florian that, if he comes through with the delivery of the items, there might be someone who is interested in the molds for certain items. Possibly it is an incendiary for him to speed things up a little. But you´ll have to work the details out with him personally and do so at your own risk. And if he contacts you on this, please do not send any money until this little adventure here is finished.

Thanks,
Michael

HEy folks,
nothing new from Florian yet, except of one other member from the ASAP who is owed
icon_frown.gif

As soon as we know something... well, you probably know the drill by now
icon_rolleyes.gif

Michael

That bulk order idea is terrific IMO! Thanks very much, Michael, for doing all this for us! I'd be willing to pay a few additional bucks for shipping. If I can help in any other way, let me know!

BTW, i'm also from germany!

Here's once again the info about what i'm owed:

I originally won an eBay-Auction, that was about an unfinished Nemesis Phaser. I paid 35 Euros for it. When time passed by and nothing happened, he promised me to make a finished Phaser, later he promised me to include a Holster, and a TMP Wrist Comm Hero kit.

So, although i was promised more, i will not expect anything more than an unfinished Dolphin Phaser. Of course, i don't mind if it's finished... ;-)

Andreas

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Cedric

(2/16/05 10:32 am)
Reply Re: searching for Isaac Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ordered a finisched Hero Dolphin Phaser. But not the normal one. I ordered the phaser with this slide function seen in the movie.
For the sound I send him a phaser, from where he can get the electronics from. Additional I ordered the alu emitter and buttons from Federation Surplus and him them and I send him 70 Euro via PayPal. </TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

The guy also has a friend in Vienna if it can help in some way (see new ASAP topic

Nareem_Salbo wrote:
The guy also has a friend in Vienna if it can help in some way (see new ASAP topic

Already talekd to him about this.

Michael

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back