Is this worth $200? (Death Star Control Panel)

Skaught

Sr Member
It's supposedly functional. Price is $200. Is it worth it?

DSCF1900.jpg

Scott

Sure, if you like it.

Considering time and materials, you can't build that for $200 so it seems like a good deal. Some people wouldn't pay $5 for it though, depends on the person.

It's supposedly functional. Price is $200. Is it worth it?

It's functional? Sounds like a neverending project to me. 'Cause, I mean, then you gotta buy a whole Death Star to go with it.

Jokes aside, was this used in the movie or is it a replica? These things are really only worth the price you're willing to pay.

If you could rewire it to be used for your home entertainment center...

It's a no brainer! LOL!!!

Either way pretty damn neat. ESP if it's the exact model!

O.O wow Scott that would make a awesome props for a large set or prop . 200 Imperial credits for a working one sounds good to me, if i was stateside i would do it. really cool man. hope u get more info on this to be able to make a more informed decision.

but it does look awesome :love think of the things u could do with it......

Considering how much those things go for brand new, two hundo is a good price. Looks like it's in great shape too!

An old switcher? $200 sounds pretty decent especially if it's the same one they used. Love all the cheesy switcher effects in the corner! :lol

I don't think its the exact model, but it's close enough for a set display. The $200 will be going to charity, too.

Scott

That has me thinking... I should go hunting at our station, I'll bet we have loads of these old things sitting in storage somewhere!

OCD: Death Star Weapons Officer - IGN

Third pic down you can see it is very close. I have been looking for one of these for a while and $200 is a very good price.

They show up as "Grass Valley Control Panels" on Ebay a lot.

This one may not be exact as the middle large lever is more to the left in the film one and more to the right on this one but it's by far the closest I have seen.

Would make one hell of a cool display.

Wish I could pick it up myself.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back