Question Is this slow PM thing being looked at?

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This PM thing has been bad for months, now. Is this just the way things are now; is it a glitch or what? Just takes forever to send a message most of the time. Very, very frustrating.

-Rylo

I haven't had much trouble with it until today with the rest of the site being slow. I thought it was our net last week before we got it worked on. Guess not for once.

Timing out today and also getting this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Having sporadic problems this week too. Some messages go right through, but others hang and eventually time out without sending, unlike before when they eventually would go through. Hmm...

Edit: Seems to be working better for me now, as of Saturday night. We'll see if it continues...

Last edited:
All of these issues are somewhat random and happening sporadically, as a result, we are having a tough time figuring out exactly what is happening.

The consistently slow PM issue appears to be only certain members (other than it happening when the forum is slow overall for everyone), and we are still trying to figure that out as well. I happen to be one of those members that it is happening to, so I feel your pain. :)

It's maddening man.

Over the years, I've come to use the RPF's PM feature as my primary means of communication with other collectors, here. I have some concerns that my messages are not always being delivered and vice versa.

Most people aren't going to just sit there and wait for the message to go through. Mine time out constantly from multiple computers.

-Rylo

Mine are acting up tonight as well. I'm used to the slow, but this just sorta hangs on the "sending" part and just... well, sits.

After a few minutes it will actually pop back to the inbox.

Dunno if it helps, but using chrome.

Whoa ! My apologies to the folks who have within the past 10 minutes gotten, like, the same PM 20 times from me.

Mine are just timing out over and over today. I'm also getting "Security token is missing" once the screen rolls over.

-Rylo

So... Pm's. Slow as christmas. Used to a little bit of a delay but today is something on the realm of 5 mins and counting to send.

Chris

Yeah i'm having this issue too and it's never been this bad before. i had 7 PMs from the same person this morning because they had issues too and didn't know if they got thru the first time.

We just rebuilt/re-indexed the tables. This may help in the short-term, but we are going to have an expert in vbulletin look at this specific issue because we have been unable to track down the reason for it.

I've been getting really slow submitting of everything today?? posts & PM's ?? never had it before today though. Hopefully that info may be of some use :)

Rock-on! I was waiting on you to say that, my man. :thumbsup

We just rebuilt/re-indexed the tables. This may help in the short-term, but we are going to have an expert in vbulletin look at this specific issue because we have been unable to track down the reason for it.

I am absolutely experiencing the slow PM thing. VERY frustrating.

In other news, I did manage to send roughly 10 copies of a message in my attempts to get it sent though. :)

Yeah PMs are pants right now, im lucky if i can send one, or, my recipient may end up with ten of the same, get on it guys, please lol.

Lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back