Question Is this slow PM thing being looked at?

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by Rylo, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This PM thing has been bad for months, now. Is this just the way things are now; is it a glitch or what? Just takes forever to send a message most of the time. Very, very frustrating.

-Rylo

2. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I haven't had much trouble with it until today with the rest of the site being slow. I thought it was our net last week before we got it worked on. Guess not for once.

3. Rylo

Timing out today and also getting this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

4. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Having sporadic problems this week too. Some messages go right through, but others hang and eventually time out without sending, unlike before when they eventually would go through. Hmm...

Edit: Seems to be working better for me now, as of Saturday night. We'll see if it continues...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

All of these issues are somewhat random and happening sporadically, as a result, we are having a tough time figuring out exactly what is happening.

The consistently slow PM issue appears to be only certain members (other than it happening when the forum is slow overall for everyone), and we are still trying to figure that out as well. I happen to be one of those members that it is happening to, so I feel your pain. :)

6. Rylo

It's maddening man.

Over the years, I've come to use the RPF's PM feature as my primary means of communication with other collectors, here. I have some concerns that my messages are not always being delivered and vice versa.

Most people aren't going to just sit there and wait for the message to go through. Mine time out constantly from multiple computers.

-Rylo

7. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Mine are acting up tonight as well. I'm used to the slow, but this just sorta hangs on the "sending" part and just... well, sits.

After a few minutes it will actually pop back to the inbox.

Dunno if it helps, but using chrome.

8. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Whoa ! My apologies to the folks who have within the past 10 minutes gotten, like, the same PM 20 times from me.

9. forcesensitive

forcesensitive Active Member

I had the same problem today, with PMing and posting too

10. Rylo

Mine are just timing out over and over today. I'm also getting "Security token is missing" once the screen rolls over.

-Rylo

11. hydin

So... Pm's. Slow as christmas. Used to a little bit of a delay but today is something on the realm of 5 mins and counting to send.

Chris

12. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

Yeah, I'm having that today too. Never really had a problem until this morning.

13. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Yeah i'm having this issue too and it's never been this bad before. i had 7 PMs from the same person this morning because they had issues too and didn't know if they got thru the first time.

14. Rylo

Worst day ever for it. Everything just hanging there.

15. Montagar

We just rebuilt/re-indexed the tables. This may help in the short-term, but we are going to have an expert in vbulletin look at this specific issue because we have been unable to track down the reason for it.

16. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been getting really slow submitting of everything today?? posts & PM's ?? never had it before today though. Hopefully that info may be of some use :)

17. Rylo

Rock-on! I was waiting on you to say that, my man. :thumbsup

18. lharles

lharles Well-Known Member

I am absolutely experiencing the slow PM thing. VERY frustrating.

In other news, I did manage to send roughly 10 copies of a message in my attempts to get it sent though. :)

19. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Yeah PMs are pants right now, im lucky if i can send one, or, my recipient may end up with ten of the same, get on it guys, please lol.

Lee

20. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

It's toast.

21. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Very black charcoal flavored toast right now, gahhhh!

Lee

22. SirNedKingsly

SirNedKingsly Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

At least some of them are getting through - though I got 3 copies of the same message - dont know how many my recipient got - but the PM system was hanging up for me too today.

Slowsville across the board it looks like :(

23. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Any update as ive now got about 10 PM's when i shoulda got two, and returning them just isnt happening?

lee

24. hydin

Just as a heads up, you can check your sent folder to make sure the pm's left the building.

I had one hang up this morning, but turns out it actually was sent.

Chris

25. jkno

jkno Master Member

Had the same problem with PM from 2 members here, from each of them I received 5 identical PM's :D Maybe it happened the same when I replied to them, to receive 5 PM's from me each.

26. ArtisanProps

ArtisanProps Sr Member

Yup, same here with the PM's and now posting in threads is taking forever.

I did notice something, not sure if it will be of any help, but I noticed that
    when I hit the submit button it does seem to go through, it's just not redirecting
    me to the correct page. It just sits there like I have dial-up <-----:facepalm

27. Rylo

Worse than ever, now.

28. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

My PM function is hardly rolling now, before it was SLOW, now im lucky to get one go through, can, i ask once more, a mod chime in on this please ?

lee

29. GINO

GINO Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Since earlier today, every time I receive a PM, I get varying amounts of duplicates in my inbox of the exact same PM.

30. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Still working on this, guys.

31. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm having the same problem. Not complaining, just thought you guys may need a running tally of how many people this is happening to.

32. Art Andrews

Well... I think we now know WHAT the problem is, but it is a matter of HOW to fix it.

33. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just sent a bunch of PMs and it seems to be working fine now (I was having the same trouble yesterday and earlier today).

34. Art Andrews

I think we have resolved the problem, but will see over the next couple of days.

35. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Seems better now Art, just sent one off and it didnt nosedive anyhoo!

lee

36. Art Andrews

This issue should now be resolved.

37. Rylo

Still dragging. I don't see any difference at all.

38. Art Andrews

In that case, the issue you are having is something different than what others are experiencing.

39. Rylo

Then it's an issue on multiple computers in different locations for me. I use my phone, my laptop, a desktop and the computer in my shop. Not so much today, but in general.

I've had a couple messages go through okay this evening, but some are still hanging. Earlier today, same issues though.

-Rylo

40. Montagar

What Art meant was that it's specific to your account not your computer.

41. Rylo

I just tried a couple PMs to you, Art.

2 went though like lightning. Faster than I've seen in some time. Right now, it looks good. :thumbsup

42. Rylo

Well, that would suck! Just tried it and it seems to be behaving. Perhaps it knows we're talking about it. :confused

-Rylo