is this mannaquin fine for sculpting?

The best way to go about it is to actually measure your head with a soft tape measure (or the string and ruler method) and see if its the same. If it's not, you can bulk it out with clay first before you add a design layer of clay.

I don't know if they make them any bigger. That sounds pretty standard as far as head forms go but that being said, I find 22" to be about average for a guy and there is no telling just by looking how big your head is. My head's a smidge over 23" and I'm a small and petite GIRL. I have to bulk out all of my wig forms, even the "man" styled ones (Women ones tend to be 20-21"-ish.) and believe me, that one inch difference matters in fitting.

Yeah, that is a good question. I too have been looking for a good head armature to use for sculpting as well... The MOnsterMakers one is pretty pricey... but is it pretty close to the standard head? I was thinking of just making a plaster mold of my own head and reinforcing the inside and foaming it... have one that is guaranteed the size of my head...

Yeah, that is a good question. I too have been looking for a good head armature to use for sculpting as well... The MOnsterMakers one is pretty pricey... but is it pretty close to the standard head? I was thinking of just making a plaster mold of my own head and reinforcing the inside and foaming it... have one that is guaranteed the size of my head...
yea, its ashame not many people are answering, it would help alot of people

Well my head is 22 inches around exactly and Im an adult male. So I think that sounds about right. I have also been looking for a good mannequin myself... what did you end up buying seeing how it is now august and this was written back in march?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back