Is there a symmetrical P1 bio out there?

roninpredator

Sr Member
Maybe one of the older members can help me out or maybe even Dan since he sells all predator stuff.while talking to a fellow member about how uneven the porsche bio is ,I can't recall a single P1 bio that doesn't have a sculpting defect or it looks even in all aspects and what I mean by that is that is not warped,eyes are even, cheeks don't flare out one more than the other,the center of the brow it's symmetrical,and both sides of the brow are even etc,etc

The closest I've seen to a symmetrical bio it's Ron hartmans but it's clearly not a spot on sculpt of the P1 very nice and very P1 looking but not quite.

anyone cares to school me on this?
thanks
L.B.

There simply isn't such a beast as a symmetrical P1 bio. There are a couple of bios out there that are better than others, but like biohunter said, the original wasn't perfectly symmetrical either. In my opinion a symmetrical P1 bio would pretty much just be a Scar bio without the scar.

There simply isn't such a beast as a symmetrical P1 bio. There are a couple of bios out there that are better than others, but like biohunter said, the original wasn't perfectly symmetrical either. In my opinion a symmetrical P1 bio would pretty much just be a Scar bio without the scar.

Take it from me, if the ss cast is anything to go by, scar was far from perfectly symmetrical, il try and dig out a few pics. As for P1 bio's, how is the HCG bio in terms of symmetry?

Well,it's a shame there is not one out there .And paul ,I beg to differ .Although very similar in design the scar and P1 do look a lil different to me.I could spot a scar from a P1 even if there's no scaring on one.I also need to get a couple of your lids! that P1 and P2 hero are the bomb!
I think that this thread has giving me a new way to keep myself busy when I'm bored.I'm going to start retooling a couple of bios and see if I can get them to look a lil bit better. thanks for the imput :lol:

As for P1 bio's, how is the HCG bio in terms of symmetry?
I don't know about that one.I would have to have it in my hands to check it from every angle .
Some of the bios I have look damn near perfect on pics but once you inspect them upclose you can tell the difference.
Maybe BountyHunter could chime in on this?

You are correct sir - Ron Hartman made the only P1 totally symmetrical Bio, but it wasn't movie accurate. The Scar is also 100% accurate, but very different from the P1.

There is no P1 that was made to be screen accurate AND symmetrical. I'm actually surprised no one has done this since all the P1 lids out there have flaws.

Here are some pics of a whackload of Bios:

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=2238

Do you still have yours Jason? I love mine!I wish I could have gotten a hold of the ones with the more accurate laser housing.
Thanks for the pics

Take it from me, if the ss cast is anything to go by, scar was far from perfectly symmetrical, il try and dig out a few pics. As for P1 bio's, how is the HCG bio in terms of symmetry?
That's interesting, while it doesn't look perfect in pics, it looks a lot more symmetrical than most P1s. The HCG looks ok, but as you say it's difficult to tell without holding one in your hands.

That's interesting, while it doesn't look perfect in pics, it looks a lot more symmetrical than most P1s. The HCG looks ok, but as you say it's difficult to tell without holding one in your hands.

Well you know how i feel about the ss scar bio by now, i think the slightly off sculpt hasn't been mentioned due to the other more obviouse faults. I have no doubt that the sculpt is accurate to the movie used piece but it is certainly not symmetrical, certain parts are thicker/higher than others etc etc...

Heres a couple of pics, they dont really show the miss shaped bits well as i spent my time cursing at the paper visor and hairs in the paint but you can just make out the two main things i remember noticing while i briefly owned the bio (the mouth area is off depth wise also but i have no pics)... in the first pics you can just see that the left of the ball on the forehead is a little higher than the right.

enlarge for better viwing
Scarsideshow057.jpg.gif

Scarsideshow031.jpg

And in this one you can see that where the bio folds in on its self at the rear the line in the centre is at a crooked angle... the right side comes in further than the left, im suprised sideshow didnt touch this up screen accurate or not?
Scarsideshow041.jpg.gif

As for P1 bio's however, i don't own one.... at all :lol: so il keep my eye on this thread as i think it's about time i treat myself im very tempted by the HCG bio but im not sure about the base??

I honestly wouldn't want a perfectly symmetrical P1 bio. Think about it, if the movie ones weren't, and the movie ones are the "look" we're used to and want to own, then why own one that's been worked on so much it's no longer movie accurate?

I Know what you mean Andy
but I still would like one.just look at Carls armor pieces ..Barnone the best sculpted armor ever! in every sense of the word. he even has his name in the product so well placed I just know that each piece he puts out he knocks it out of the park.maybe Carl should do a bio!
hint,hint Carl :p :D :lol:

My ocd gets the best of me and makes me want one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the pic of mine: it's the first one from left to right.if you want to see more pics of it go back to jasons post and see the different pics of it. hope this helps if not let me know and I take some close up pics of it.
DSCN0273-2.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back