Is there a larger kit version of the alien narcissus?

Re: Is there a larger version of the alien narcissus?

I think at one time there was a few copy's of the A2 version floating around supposedly pulled off the original.

There have been threads on possible SS kits but I've never seen one produced yet.

STAY AWAY from the GE kit. It is a recast of the model made by Paul Francis off of the original Aliens prop.

It is cast in that weird, crappy paper-machie (sp) resin with TONS of shrinkage and warpage and muddy details (we discussed GE extensively in another thread here...do a search.)

I have one of the PF build-ups and there are a lot of raised details with under-cuts that GE just molded into the surface.

AWFUL kit!!!!

thats what i thought when looking at the pics on his kit, i caould see the detail was bad and there was allot ofwarpage.
so does pf sell kits? can you get me a link?

I bought a GE Proteus last year.... bad buy. More than three months' waiting and when it arrived it was distorted, heavy with flash, crude and inaccurate. I won't go there again, despite some tempting subjects.:sick

I bought the Crows Nest Proteus when it came out... dream kit, excellent work from Drew Huffman.:love

I'm gonna tackle the studio scale model later this year. Check out Martin Bowers site. He built the original. Some good refs and a build thread of his second one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back