Is there a Buck Rogers TV Suit

Phantom017

Does anyone happen to know if there is a source for getting a Buck Rogers pilot suit. The white one from the TV show. I searched hi and low here and found all kinds of stuff but no Pilot Suit.

Do you mean the NASA suit he wore in the first episode/movie when he arrived in the 25th century or the white uniform with the boning like a corset that he and Col. Deering wore?

I have to share this photo I took at DragonCon 2007:

The white 25th century pilot suits Buck and Col. Deering wore in "the future" when they were flying around the galaxy is what I'm looking for. Would be something neat and uncommon I think. I've seen people making the helmets but never the outfits.

Thats probably because most guys wouldnt want to wear a spandex suit that tight:lol

I never had a problem wearing spandex when I had the body for it.

Ask any woman: it takes a real man to wear spandex and wear it with confidence.

There are also certain "guidelines" for men wearing spandex that, when ignored, are the stuff of fannish horror stories throughout the ages.

-G

I always wanted his jumpsuit - the one he was frozen in. I know it was used for the show "It's about Time" as well - and sold off five years ago on ebay.

I have 2 original screen-used suit and pants (both man and woman).... there's a pic of my female Starfighter tunic here in this forum somewhere.

last summer, I hired a very talented local seamstress to replicate 3 copies for me and my family.
But it's been almost a year with no progress so I'm thinking about getting it back and finding another seamstress for the job.

I was not in a big hurry to get the costume since I need to lose about 10 pounds before I would even wear something like this in public... And they do fit very tight all over! :lol

Nick

Last edited:
At that DragonCon panel, Gerard, Gray and Silla entertained us with some old war stories. One of them was that the white uniform was uncomfortable because of the boning, and as soon as Gerard had enough star power to do so he demanded a wardrobe change to something more comfortable. That's why in the later episodes you don't see him wearing the white uniform. Of course that was just one of many many changes the show underwent.

Gerard also disliked it because he was conscious of his weight, which as you may know became a serious problem later on. Health issues stemming from his obesity almost killed him before he got gastric bypass surgery a few years ago. But as you can see in the pic I posted, he's healthier now and he looks great. (As does his co-star.)

At that DragonCon panel, Gerard, Gray and Silla entertained us with some old war stories. One of them was that the white uniform was uncomfortable because of the boning, and as soon as Gerard had enough star power to do so he demanded a wardrobe change to something more comfortable. That's why in the later episodes you don't see him wearing the white uniform. Of course that was just one of many many changes the show underwent.

Gerard also disliked it because he was conscious of his weight, which as you may know became a serious problem later on. Health issues stemming from his obesity almost killed him before he got gastric bypass surgery a few years ago. But as you can see in the pic I posted, he's healthier now and he looks great. (As does his co-star.)

Just saw both Mr. Gerard and Ms. Gray at Chicago Wizard World. Both were looking good, though it seems Gil might be slipping a little in the weight battle. Lets hope he keeps himself in good health.

-Gordon

Here is a Col. Deering costume I made. Still looking for a good pistol belt for it.

JJ

ColD.jpg

That's a great Wilma costume!! You've done an outstanding job making it!!! Are you going to tackle Buck's white suit next?

I've always wanted a Buck Rogers white flightsuit and got inspired again after recently meeting Gil Gerard.....it was really great chatting with him! I've searched all over the place for replica suits but with no joy either. I've thought about contacting a local seamstress to see how possible it would be to make.

Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back