Is the site faster, slower, no different?

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Tonight we moved the RPF to a new server. Our hope is that 1) we will stop seeing 500 errors and 2) the site will run a bit more quickly. Please let us know if you feel the site is loading faster, slower, or no differently than before.

I noticed a distinct slow down after the switch yesterday.

But after tonight's down time, it's fast as can be.

Turn it up to Eleven.

Right now, it's about the same. Site loads superfast already. I think in the past year, I've gotten the 500 error message no less than five times, but I usually just click the RPF tab in my favorite again for it to load.

Site feels hella faster, and no errors yet so far! Is this the work of that mysterious PhilP fella? He's as mischievous as that "RPF Staff" member... :lol either way bravo and cheers to our glorious overlords! :cheers

I didn't get errors too often but it was very slow, sometimes I'd click a link and it would just hang. Seems much faster now, well done and thanks :thumbsup

Oh, I noticed one thing.

When I open a thread, it loads OK, but for some reason, the thingy that goes round in the tab bar (globe for IE, a quarter sliver of a circle for Chrome, etc), keeps on spinning like the page is still loading.

This happens with threads, not 'front pages'.

The site has been down for me all morning. It just came back up a little bit ago. Seems O.K. speed wise for me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back