Is MR still doing a Star Trek TNG Tricorder?

Well, since it is almost August I would say we will be lucky to see them ship in December.

Heres to hoping though!

I order 10 of the Mk VII Brick Tricorders, if my Phaser battery goes dead :D.

Well I'd love to see the Mk X in full metal finish and massive sounds.... Heck, I would contribute some of my reconstruced SFX of the Tricorder alerts and beeps just to see it alive.

MR will be showing it and the Assault(movies 5/6)Phaser as well at the San Diego Comic Con!

I know MR showed off some pics of a Trek TNG tricorder at Toy Fair I think. Anyone heard anymore about this? Are they still doing it? Any idea if it will be out this year?

I'm not one for sounds, myself. Although I doubt there's a way to silence them short of opening it up and cutting a wire. I'll probably install a switch, though, so I can turn 'em back on when I want to.

Probably due to having handled a screen-used one. It was the first "fully functional" tricorder I ever held in person, and it was dead silent. Made all of the noise-making ones seem like toys, despite the identical blinkies and often better construction.

I can't make it to Comic Con this year, so you guys have to take some great pix without me. :cry

Also if you see any Blade Runner Blasters, ask if you can see 'em out of the case. :love

- k

So nothing on the new MR Trek stuff at Comic Con. I'm guessing that means it will be at least 2008 for them. May as well wait on ride the movie train at the end of 2008 I guess.

I spoke to one of the reps at sdcc and he mentioned that they're planning on releasing the MIX later this year (possibly between October and December). Apparently they didn't have it on display because the prototype didn't get shipped on time. From the way he described it (or 'sold it' as it may be) it sounds like a definite winner. I asked if they had any plans for a MVII and he said "Not at this time, but it's possible", which basically means 'no' at this point. He did allude to the new film coming out though, which I expect they'll focus on after the MIX and Assault Phaser are released.

Thanks for the update, but I doubt those release dates will happen. I would think if it was that soon preorders would be happening by now. I suppose it's possible but if it is this year I will be surprised.

From what I understand, one of the mods at the Trek Prop Zone talked to Amy, and MR is planning to be taking pre-orders for the Assault Phaser in September.

Here's what he said about the functions it's supposed to have:
For those who missed the Functions Blueprint at Comic Con the Phaser will have the following features.
Die Cast Body and (removable) Clip
'mini' Phaser inside moveable Cowl
Functional Magazine release
4 position switch on side
-power
-charging
-stun
-kill
force setting indicator at rear of phaser (the green light)
digital sound

EDIT: Here's a picture of the blueprints:
master-replicas-20070214001355495.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back