Is moviebits.co.uk legit?

jonnytrooper

Sr Member
Hi, I was just curious whether or not anyone has had any bad experiences with moviebits? I am considering getting something from them, just wandering their past. Thanks

Hi,

You will have no problems with them,they are great.I have dealt with them a few times :)

Lee

jedistinker (dave) is the owner and a member here.

i have no problems recommending him.

the price you see may not be the price you pay if you ask nicely :)

i have seen several things offered very cheap, you just have to be at the right place at the right time

c

Thanks, also what about rareprops.net? I am considering a few different things, just trying to figure out who to and who not to buy from. Thanks again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zorg @ May 8 2006, 01:48 AM) [snapback]1240208[/snapback]</div>
jedistinker (dave) is the owner and a member here.

i have no problems recommending him.

the price you see may not be the price you pay if you ask nicely :)

i have seen several things offered very cheap, you just have to be at the right place at the right time

c
[/b]

Thanks for that Zorg - always useful to know.

Johnnytrooper - are you in the UK? There's always www.propstore.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonnytrooper @ May 7 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]1240101[/snapback]</div>
Hi, I was just curious whether or not anyone has had any bad experiences with moviebits? I am considering getting something from them, just wandering their past. Thanks
[/b]
I've used Moviebits in the UK many times and they've always been reliable - when I've ordered on the phone I've had the item the next day just about every time :)

Dave sorted me out with a 1/1 endoskull at a very good price and it arrived in no time in perfect condition :thumbsup

Keith.

Dave's a good dude, and his shipping from the UK takes like 35 minutes. :D

Rareprops can be difficult to contact, although I've not dealt with them much personally.

I've purchased from both and can tell you to stay away from Rareprops.
They have the terms of the MPA listed on their site but they have no desire to follow them...at least in my situation.

I purchased an item from them nearly a year ago and did not get the COA from them. I've now written to them 4 times AFTER reporting them to Ebay for not following through on the contract we agreed to and still have not gotten a simple COA in the mail.

I've gotten almost nothing but a bad attitude from them from the beginning. When bringing up the COA, they turned it into something else than it was. The automatically assumed I was questioning their reputation when all I wanted was the COA they said would come with it in the auction. If it's one thing I hate it's when I get screwed and the ones doing it try to turn it around to make it seem like I'm the bad guy for even asking.

Thanks for bringing them up cuz' now I can write to them yet again asking for the rest of my auction to be completed almost a whole year later.

c
[/quote]

Thanks for that Zorg - always useful to know.

Johnnytrooper - are you in the UK? There's always www.propstore.com
[/quote]

No, but I am moving to Ireland in just under two months.
And thanks to everyone for your information and your help.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back