Is it possible to convert a stunt TK to a hero?

Predatormv

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok so is it possible to convert a stunt TK helmet into a hero helmet? Without moding the faceplate and then recasting it? I am talking about taking a face plate from, say and AP, helmet and making it look like a hero (fewer teeth and all). How would you go about doing it? What all besides the teeth and the different lenses and lower brow trim would be involved? Anything to do with the dome/back? Am I crazy?

Any help would be great.

As far as I have heard, the stunt and hero helmets were made the same way, only with different materials. But a run-through of the differences, other than material, would be interesting information.

All the replica ANH/ESB helmets that are available to us are from a stunt helmet, so if you want a replica hero, it has to be converted from a stunt.
Here is mine which i converted from a TE stunt:
1_17_1.jpg

7_6_3.jpg

6_5_1.jpg

The problem with converting an AP helmet into a stunt is the bump on the right eye. The bump is too much for a hero helmet.

Keith.

You might have to alter the angle of the faceplate, to make the top of the eye lenses closer to brow trim... which would invlove filling the screw holes and drilling new ones. Or if you're lazy you might get away with pulling the brow trim down lower :p
You'll need to fill in the extra teeth cut-outs, and fill in the lower screw hole on the ear caps... and you'll need to spaypaint this all when finished.... which will give you a shade a white that doesn't match your armour.
My advice would be to buy a new AP helmet kit and build it as a Hero... although the bottom screw hole on the earcap will still be there as an indent.... :unsure

Good luck anyways, and remember to show us some pics when you're done :)

Cheers,
John

<div class='quotetop'>(Keith @ Jun 25 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]1267716[/snapback]</div>
The problem with converting an AP helmet into a stunt is the bump on the right eye. The bump is too much for a hero helmet.
Keith.
[/b]
Cool pictures... and sorry to go OT... but is the bump on the AP too much for a ESB style helmet?

Back On Topic: So the best bet for a Hero style helmet would be a TE2?

i converted my ap into a hero, lowered the brow, left in the two end teeth and fitted buble lenses.

personally, i think it looks great.

as to the bump in the left eye, i very carefully heated the area with a heat gun, then used a flat piece of wood to gently press it down.
worked great.

good luck.

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jun 25 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1267723[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Keith @ Jun 25 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]1267716[/snapback]
Keith.
[/b]
Cool pictures... and sorry to go OT... but is the bump on the AP too much for a ESB style helmet?

[/b][/quote]

The eyes are trimmed more on ESB helmets so the bump shouldn't be a problem and you can always reduce it using a heat gun.

One other problem is that hero earcaps should only have three bumps.

<div class='quotetop'>(HDPE STORMY @ Jun 25 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1267727[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jun 25 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1267723[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Keith @ Jun 25 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]1267716[/snapback]
Keith.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
The eyes are trimmed more on ESB helmets so the bump shouldn't be a problem and you can always reduce it using a heat gun.
One other problem is that hero earcaps should only have three bumps.
[/b][/quote]
Nice. I didn't know that. That would certainly make for an interesting project.

Keith that is exctally what I am talking about. Yours looks amazing, how did you go about filling in the teeth area? And the color matching thing isn't that big of a deal I could always paint the armor the same color.

And good advice about the heat gun to the eye thing. What else you got people ?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back