Is is possible to apply latex body paint to lycra?

CRANIUM

I have been doing some research on the internet about paints and latex and found that if you apply body latex paint to fabric it bonds to the fabric and sets.
I was wondering if it would be possible to apply this to a lycra jumpsuit while wearing it for it to set to your body dimensions other than using the mr incredible method?
For all the pros out there,would this be possible?body latex paint sets quick,i was wondering that if you did thid layer by layer would it be strong enough for a predator skin?
If im talking nonsense please put me in my place,cheers :D

it would be possible to do, but the latex will shrink as it is drying

and you might not be able to get the suit off your body as it is so tight...

im not saying that you could not try to see but just my 2 cents

Try a test on some fabric first ... Maybe a small patch on some throw away Lycra. See if it gives you the effect you looking for. But it will shrink. Your safest bet is a body form

Some things to consider... while it probably could be done, you may not be able to get back into the suit once it's taken off. It will be SO contoured to your body that you may not be able to get your wrist through the forearm section, as an example.

It will likely tear every hair from your body when you take it off the first time. If you've ever done this over a duct tape mannequin, you run into areas where it sticks to the duct tape pretty tough, so be prepared for some pain. You're going to have to peel it off anyway, so it's going to be like a full body wax... but again, bare in mind that you're going to run into problems around the wrists and ankles when you try to peel it off.

If you do on the body, don't forget to powder it fully before trying to take it off... If you don't, as soon as you start rolling it back onto itself to remove it, you're going to have latex sticking to itself and this can cause tears or deformities.

Even though body latex cures pretty quickly, you're going to need more than one layer, as the first layer is only going to soak in and shrink... You won't get very good coverage out of the first layer and it may be even worse with body latex, as it's properties are probably a bit different than the casting latex we use, so it may take 3 or 4 layers to equal just one of the casting latex... I don't know for certain that that would be the case, but I'm guessing it would...

The fact that the first layer is going to basically shrink wrap you, you'll overheat more quickly than in a regular skin, which is overbearingly hot for some, so that would be a concern, which would also link into whether or not the latex will even cure properly with you profusely sweating underneath... Sweat will saturate the lycra, and in turn, end up "mixing" with the latex. Obviously, we cut latex with water and ammonia to thin it, but I don't know if the salt in the sweat would have an adverse affect or just the fact that the suit would be so soaked that it might not actually mix with the latex and the latex may not cure properly.

For the reasons mentioned above, I would NOT do it right on your body... BUT...

If you DO end up doing this, one thing you might consider is what I've done on an alien suit done over lycra. Now, it was still done on a duct tape mannequin, so if you do it on your body, that's up to you, but what I did was to leave maybe a 1" strip that is NOT latexed on the inseam of the legs, inner (underside) arms and sides of the top and around the waistline (if it's a 2 piece suit). These are areas that are not generally noticeable and usually black in the paint job anyway... what this does is allow at least a little stretch when putting on the suit. It made a big difference when using lycra as a base.

Some things to consider... while it probably could be done, you may not be able to get back into the suit once it's taken off. It will be SO contoured to your body that you may not be able to get your wrist through the forearm section, as an example.

It will likely tear every hair from your body when you take it off the first time. If you've ever done this over a duct tape mannequin, you run into areas where it sticks to the duct tape pretty tough, so be prepared for some pain. You're going to have to peel it off anyway, so it's going to be like a full body wax... but again, bare in mind that you're going to run into problems around the wrists and ankles when you try to peel it off.

If you do on the body, don't forget to powder it fully before trying to take it off... If you don't, as soon as you start rolling it back onto itself to remove it, you're going to have latex sticking to itself and this can cause tears or deformities.

Even though body latex cures pretty quickly, you're going to need more than one layer, as the first layer is only going to soak in and shrink... You won't get very good coverage out of the first layer and it may be even worse with body latex, as it's properties are probably a bit different than the casting latex we use, so it may take 3 or 4 layers to equal just one of the casting latex... I don't know for certain that that would be the case, but I'm guessing it would...

The fact that the first layer is going to basically shrink wrap you, you'll overheat more quickly than in a regular skin, which is overbearingly hot for some, so that would be a concern, which would also link into whether or not the latex will even cure properly with you profusely sweating underneath... Sweat will saturate the lycra, and in turn, end up "mixing" with the latex. Obviously, we cut latex with water and ammonia to thin it, but I don't know if the salt in the sweat would have an adverse affect or just the fact that the suit would be so soaked that it might not actually mix with the latex and the latex may not cure properly.

For the reasons mentioned above, I would NOT do it right on your body... BUT...

If you DO end up doing this, one thing you might consider is what I've done on an alien suit done over lycra. Now, it was still done on a duct tape mannequin, so if you do it on your body, that's up to you, but what I did was to leave maybe a 1" strip that is NOT latexed on the inseam of the legs, inner (underside) arms and sides of the top and around the waistline (if it's a 2 piece suit). These are areas that are not generally noticeable and usually black in the paint job anyway... what this does is allow at least a little stretch when putting on the suit. It made a big difference when using lycra as a base.
This might be a little off subject or maybe not, but I apologize before hand if I should have asked this in another thread. Is there something you can apply to a duct tape dummy to make it easier to remove the the muscle suit once the latex has been applied? I thought about vaseline, or something like that.

This might be a little off subject or maybe not, but I apologize before hand if I should have asked this in another thread. Is there something you can apply to a duct tape dummy to make it easier to remove the the muscle suit once the latex has been applied? I thought about vaseline, or something like that.
I don't know if I'd put vaseline on there or not... I just work it until it comes off... probably wouldn't be a problem, but I guess it could possibly cause curing issues... maybe not... Figure in the time it takes you to put a layer of vaseline on the mannequin when you start, it will take you about the same amount of time to remove the skin from it in the end without the vaseline, so the time is probably about equal.

not to mention that there will permanently be Vaseline inside your suit. Baby powder ...just use baby powder

I remember someone saying they wrapped their dummy in seran wrap and the skin come off pretty easy.

And as for the main topic, dude I would just make a duct tape dummy, it's not that hard. I weigh about 230 and I did my dummy with only 2 rolls of tape. Then I took the stuffing out of a futon I was about to throw away to stuff it. And the dummy usually comes out just a little bigger than you actually are.

I would not have latex painted straight onto you, just doesn't sound like a good idea.

I don't know if I'd put vaseline on there or not... I just work it until it comes off... probably wouldn't be a problem, but I guess it could possibly cause curing issues... maybe not... Figure in the time it takes you to put a layer of vaseline on the mannequin when you start, it will take you about the same amount of time to remove the skin from it in the end without the vaseline, so the time is probably about equal.
I was just wondering about that. From what I have read it seems to be quite a hassle to get one off, and I am getting ready to start working on mine. Thanks.

I remember someone saying they wrapped their dummy in seran wrap and the skin come off pretty easy.

And as for the main topic, dude I would just make a duct tape dummy, it's not that hard. I weigh about 230 and I did my dummy with only 2 rolls of tape. Then I took the stuffing out of a futon I was about to throw away to stuff it. And the dummy usually comes out just a little bigger than you actually are.

I would not have latex painted straight onto you, just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Yeah I read that somewhere to. I might try that. Thanks brother.

I am doing search on internet about body paint and liquid latex and I am also searching for that it is possible to apply latex body paint to lycra? I am very thankful and waiting for your reply.

liquid latex

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back