Irricanian's Wolf costume buildup

irricanian

Well i've started, here's what two hours and four rolls of duct tape has gotten me LOL

dtdummy1.jpg

Doing this reminded me of how clausterphobic I am :)

More to come...

I just taped my head...the sound of the tape ripping off the roll as it passed my ears left them aching for HOURS! I'm dreading doing the whole body, but in a way, it was also kinda fun!

So I've started to do my mask sculpt, my fingers are killing me

I have a question, when doing the sculpt do you use the bio to gauge the size of it? I have a fg P1 bio and after a few hours of slapping clay onto the sculpt I thought I would try to fit the bio on before I got too far, is this the best way to do this? It seemed as though my sculpt was too wide.

Any suggestions or hints? Thanks

so far you made a good job , I would do the same! be carefull to let enough room for the teeth, put the bio on after every step made and measure the distance for your eyes to be shure it's fit good on you when it'll be finish,take good references from your head (if you're intend to wheare it)!in this operations must be very patience wich I am not quite! put more pictures along the progress! a , the field of your eyes must be the same with the field of view of the undermask and bio too! :D I hope I made myself understood , I'm romanian and my english is not so good! :D

Thanks for the help impaiatu! Helps alot

I figured I would need to line up everything (eyes) with the bio. I want the mandibles to be able to open and close on the finished mask so I think I need to sculpt it as open jaws? So I guess they will fold into the space in the bio, just getting the scale right without ever physically holding a mask for reference. I bought a bunch of reference books off Amazon.com to help me as well.

Will post more pics soon

So I've stepped back from the mask sculpt for a few days and have started on the feet. I'm really enjoying the sculpting, it's kindof relaxing. Here's tonights progress:

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

Going to do the other foot before molding this one up, I'll be using the 1" styro as the base for the shoe platform

Thanks to Monsterroom for posting his foot tutorial, it was most helpful :D

More to come

very detailed work , you have skills!
I like the sandal ,good ideea!
when it dries it not crack? it' a water base clay ,no?! usual it's cracking a lot!

very detailed work , you have skills!
I like the sandal ,good ideea!
when it dries it not crack? it' a water base clay ,no?! usual it's cracking a lot!

Klean Klay is a non-toxic, non-drying or hardening modeling clay. This product has a hardness of "REGULAR". Packaged in 1 Lb blocks.

Klean Klay is a sulfur free modeling clay that can be used for a variety of applications. Klean Klay is easy to handle and work with and remains hand-pliable at room temperature. Klean Klay keeps its firmness and consistency and retains the shape into which it is molded.

Klean Klay is available in REGULAR or FIRM hardnesses, both of which are tan in colour.

It doesn't dry so it doesn't crack, it's really nice to work with. Thanks for the compliments, I'm new at the whole sculpting thing I usually scratch build from wood :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a 50lb block of KleanKlay online from BITY (Brick in the Yard). This will be my first attempt at sculpting as well. Seeing the incredible artistic abilites throughout this site gives me that false sense of confidence that I could actually do this .

We'll see. I plan on trying the feet first.

Wish me luck. Maybe age and patience will be on my side.

Elder-One

I just ordered a 50lb block of KleanKlay online from BITY (Brick in the Yard). This will be my first attempt at sculpting as well. Seeing the incredible artistic abilites throughout this site gives me that false sense of confidence that I could actually do this .

We'll see. I plan on trying the feet first.

Wish me luck. Maybe age and patience will be on my side.

Elder-One

it's not so hard to do it, first you can make your own tools ( like I did) to sculpt the clay! good luck , we are here to help you!
by the way , how much cost 50 lbs of clay? thanks!
sorry if I was off topic!

Clay is about $2-$2.50 a pound plus shipping, unless you can pick it up locally which I can thankfully.

Good luck with your sculpting Elder-one

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back