Ironman UNIBEAM (w/ Realistic Blast Light and Sounds) - KITS ARE NOW BEING MADE!!!

pRoJectEarth7

Hi everyone...

From the start of our Arc Reactor build I was given a suggestion by, no other than Finhead, to make the Unibeam instead of the arc reactor to fit the Ironman suit that we are going to make... and being so kind he even gave me a reference photo of the unibeam to start with... so I told him this Unibeam will be my next project...:):thumbsup
Unibeamref3.jpg

And upon researching, I found some more reference photos...
Unibeamref2.jpg

unibeamref1.jpg

So now I gathered some of the needed mechanical parts...
DSC00781.jpg

I found a broken speaker and took its screen...:D:thumbsup
DSC00783.jpg

The light diffuser I made from the bottom of acrylic sugar container...:)... Then I put silver vinyl sticker to give it details like what you see on the reference photos...
DSC00784.jpg

This metal part I got from a hardware store... I just put the slit marks around the top...
DSC00785.jpg

Initially put together...
DSC00786.jpg

And voila!!!... Our very own unibeam...:love
DSC00788.jpg

Still needs some polishing, painting, some more modification, and electronics (the hardest part)...
DSC00791.jpg

I temporarily put a small flashlight inside just to see how it looks when lit...
DSC00792.jpg

Pretty cool...:love:thumbsup
DSC00794.jpg

Next we'll proceed on tweaking, painting, and preparing of the electronic parts...

At this early stage, your comments and suggestions are very valuable for us to be able to improve more on its accuracy/movie likeness...:)... as most of you know, we are fond of targeting a 99% accuracy... lol:lol

Thank y'all for watching and for your time...

cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Ironman UNIBEAM (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

first :D

i love realy your unibeams they are very much movie accurate !!!

The only suggestion I could make is that in the ref pics it looks like the unibeam is set back a touch from the outer lens. Otherwise I'd say it's spot on.

first :D

i love realy your unibeams they are very much movie accurate !!!

Thanks davy...:)

Awesome...looking VERY good so far!

Thanks man

wow, U damn good!

:$

The only suggestion I could make is that in the ref pics it looks like the unibeam is set back a touch from the outer lens. Otherwise I'd say it's spot on.

Ah yeah... I may do something about it... thank you very much for noticing...:):thumbsup

Excellent work Rodson, In fact you have made me decide to go and redesign the center ring of my unibeam after seeing your build (y)thumbsup

You always amaze me on ur detail for accuracy and the suit u create would be amazing and leave people speechless! Hopefully you do a run on gauntlets first =p

Re: Ironman UNIBEAM (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - PAINTED AND MODIFIED!!!

Small updates...

I've just painted the screen and the 2nd ring (Flat black)...
DSC00800.jpg

Also modified the vinyl sticker on the diffuser since I find the 1st one too thin...
DSC00801.jpg

I dunno if you can notice it but I added details on the vinyl sticker (above photo) to resemble the details on the reference photo on 1st post...
DSC00802.jpg

Temporarily lit (room lights on) just to see how it looks with the new vinyl sticker...
DSC00813.jpg

Room light Off...
DSC00814.jpg

Mechanical parts are almost done/complete... we'll be proceeding on the 2nd phase of the build which is the electronics (the trickiest part)...

Comments and suggestion are highly appreciated...

Again thanks everyone for watching and for your time...

cheers!

Last edited:

You always amaze me on ur detail for accuracy and the suit u create would be amazing and leave people speechless! Hopefully you do a run on gauntlets first =p

Oh I overlooked your comment jayjayn...:facepalm
Thanks for the appreciation... I'm pushing my younger brother to finish his gauntlet project... Hopefully he finished it real soon...

great work as always(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks fingaz :)... and hey, I really love your painting skills (top notch(y)thumbsup)

Hey RJ, may be interested in this to use for an IM suit I'll be purchasing soon, though I'd be interested in the unibeam cover only, without the backlight. Any chance you'll be taking orders for this?

Top notch job as always RJ.
Thoug I can't say I'm a big fan of the huge black plastic thingie you putted your unibeam in.

nice stuff. if your looking for more ideas. this guy on youtube had done more to his IM and WM then anyone else that ive seen. the motorized backflaps are awesome.
anthonyle247's Channel - YouTube

Hey RJ, may be interested in this to use for an IM suit I'll be purchasing soon, though I'd be interested in the unibeam cover only, without the backlight. Any chance you'll be taking orders for this?

I'm not sure yet... it's too early to say... still have to finalize the lightings and sound effects... if enough interest on this, I may make a run...;):thumbsup

woa I need to do this

Yeah do it... :)

Top notch job as always RJ.
Thoug I can't say I'm a big fan of the huge black plastic thingie you putted your unibeam in.

Thanks man... Oh the huge black casing! lol:lol... dont worry, it will be cut to size... as of the moment I have no idea how much space the electronics and batteries will need so I just leave it as is... target is to cut half of the length...;):thumbsup

nice stuff. if your looking for more ideas. this guy on youtube had done more to his IM and WM then anyone else that ive seen. the motorized backflaps are awesome.
anthonyle247's Channel - YouTube

Thanks Grave :)... you may also visit our youtube videos :thumbsup

Love your work :)

Thanks Pariah...:):thumbsup

Nice work! What's the difference between the Unibeam and Arc Reactor, is it just that one is built in the suit and the other is removable?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back