Ironman uk foam build :)

billymaya

Hi guys :) right firstly a huge thanks to this forum for all the amazing threads and photos of every bodies work and info available on here :).I've lurked for quite a while now and am amazed by some of the builds on here :) next to stealth for first inspiring me with his foam build tutorials on youtube and to everyones pep files that ive used i think robos and some others along the way :)

I start this project back in january in time for this year carnivals and am now coming to the end of the build apart from a few little bits i need to get finished.I'm just waiting for my red metalic morphsuit to turn up and then i can clip it all together properly :)

i have loads of photos on my facebook of the entire build if any one would like to see give me a shout its been a real steep learning curve but ive really enjoyed it :) few things i would change but thats life lol

so what do you guys think this is the latest picture i have still to do when it was taken was side abs and back section but these are now complete and also needed eye lights and arc reactor fitted (ive also done this now also)

0124.jpg

ignore the purple morphsuit its the only thing i had lying around lol. I've also completed the gauntletts and the hand shields just havent got round to putting it all on and taking a photo lol

is it that bad lol :p

just clipping it all together tonight and i have to say trying to get the abs front side and back lined up with chest section is doing my head in!!!!!

i get it in line at the front and the back and then a bit of the side pokes out grrrrrrrr

thanks for the reply bud :) for my build i used plasticote in spray cans in a gloss red and also antique gold its ok to use but not fantastic as under tension after a while cracks start to appear so im hoping i can repaint it at some point in plastidip which i now see you can buy in the uk :)

foam wise i started off using 10 mm high impact garage mats but found these way to thick then picked up some 3mm camping mats these were ok but a bit flimsey i built the shoulder armour out of them and now find they rip easily, the rest of the suit is 6 mm camping mats and these are ideal :) so bit of trial and error lol

Loooking Good man!

Nice to see some more UK folk trying there hand!

Where did you get the colours for your suite from & what were they?

just in the middle of the helmet build!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back