Ironman recast please avoid this seller

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
An Iron Man Bust,

dsc0006bc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Always wanted an IronMan Bust, so my next project is...

This looks great! Too bad it's a recast

Last edited:

So when has it become ok to buy let alone post a recast Item? This is a recast sideshow bust correct?? :confused

So when has it become ok to buy let alone post a recast Item? This is a recast sideshow bust correct?? :confused

Oh god dont start telling me things like that :confused

I got this from what i thought is a reputable seller, knowing nothing about sideshow collectables im now gobsmacked.

Oh god dont start telling me things like that :confused

I got this from what i thought is a reputable seller, knowing nothing about sideshow collectables im now gobsmacked.

It is 100% a recast without a doubt.

Ok thanks for the head's up, im not sure what it is i do now.:confused

There really is nothing "to do" at this point. You unknowingly got burned. If the seller is a member here, we would like to know it because we can't have people recasting Sideshow's pieces.

With that being said, I am going to guess the seller won't take the piece back and refund you so even though it sucks that it is a recast, all you can do is enjoy it for what it is and try to be careful in the future.

There really is nothing "to do" at this point. You unknowingly got burned. If the seller is a member here, we would like to know it because we can't have people recasting Sideshow's pieces.

With that being said, I am going to guess the seller won't take the piece back and refund you so even though it sucks that it is a recast, all you can do is enjoy it for what it is and try to be careful in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply Art

should i post up the guys web site to try and find out if he is a member here or if anyone know's who this guy is.

iv'e actually mailed the seller but as yet no reply.

I know some would recommend not posting the link as it will give the seller some visibility, but I feel like they should be identified and called out.

After a quick chat with Art, It seems the logical next step is to call out this seller.

I have mailed the seller asking if this bust is a cast of a sideshow product but as yet ive had no reply and my quess is i'm not likely too.

If i should recieve a reply and the seller confirm's it is a cast taken from a Sideshow product, then i will be taking the necessary action.
Iv'e taken care with the wording of my mail, iv'e not actually used the term recasted or recaster just yet.

I'm also very reluctant to post a link to the seller's web page as i have already had one idiot asking if i want to sell this bust :rolleyes

however as time goes on i will keep you all informed of the progress and ask if any one knows or as heard of

Michael Holt

Iv'e just done a search for a Sideshow Ironman Bust

i'm mortified

i am definately getting in touch with Sideshow about this guy.

Sorry to hear you got burned, supa. Good luck with any sort of resolution.

All, i have to ask: Did you know it was a recast by being familiar with the Sideshow product, or was it like people who can spot Photoshops a mile away? I was genuinely fascinated to see so many people jump in on the recast call.

Man, I have much to learn. Today I learned that people can use their molding and casting powers for evil. Boo.

Bloody hell sorry to hear that Si, when I saw it the other day not even I clicked on it was a recast. I think the altered position of the head throws it off a little. But still....its amazing how low people will go.

Sorry mate.

Bloody hell sorry to hear that Si, when I saw it the other day not even I clicked on it was a recast. I think the altered position of the head throws it off a little. But still....its amazing how low people will go.

Sorry mate.

Actually it's the turn of the head that is a dead give away besides other obvious things. The sideshow bust is one of the only Iron Man busts that have a turned neck because it is such a pain to do. My V2 Iron Man bust has a turn in the neck and it was an huge amount of work to do.

Sorry to hear you got burned, supa. Good luck with any sort of resolution.

All, i have to ask: Did you know it was a recast by being familiar with the Sideshow product, or was it like people who can spot Photoshops a mile away? I was genuinely fascinated to see so many people jump in on the recast call.

Man, I have much to learn. Today I learned that people can use their molding and casting powers for evil. Boo.
If you look at certain items long enough, things just stand out. Many people on the board can immediately tell you if a Batman Begins cowl is a Dullam sculpt or if an 89 cowl is a reevs. Likewise with Gemini's or masked riders's Iron Man helmets. This one was pretty clearly a Sideshow to me just based on the shape. The OP had more pics earlier that had different angles that give it away better. The eyes are also a signal here, since it's uncommon for the second "eyelid" to be included on a sculpt/cast. This is often added when people put in LEDs. 3D prints are an exception, as is the Sideshow.

The shape of the helmet also gave it up. The shape is correct to the "true" version, which suggests either good source material like Sideshow has, or a 3D print from film files. 3D prints would probably include the cheek details that this and the Sideshow do not have, suggesting that it's not printed (also obvious given that most people wouldn't bother printing a whole bust as it's very expensive). There are just too many similarities to the Sideshow. Occam's razor. But others have sharper eyes and better insight.

Sorry to derail the thread a little. I guess I'm used to that kind of knowledge in other areas, like cars and guitars, so "well duhhhh" to me.

Man, as crappy as it is to do to real collectors, I almost admire whoever thought of the whole recast sales thing. Never in a million years would I have thought of doing that with something I bought (and no worries, I'm not going to start either).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back