Ironman Helmet hinge with Video Demo

Now this is what its all about, I mean I understand why some one would want to keep their technique quiet, but at the same time arent we here to help others?. This thread is perfect, sums up what I expect from this forum. Tips, helpfull videos and photos. Just wish I had something to contribute.
Thanks for sharing your ideas and pics guys.

Your All Welcome....

I once asked some one how he did his Hinges he told me he will never tell anyone about his hinges.. The once now banned Anthony le... I have asked and been turned down so many times I even have a tread here asking... pretty dim responces.... So i decided I would try myself and share my findings.. Do or die mission...So I did one on paper and it seemed to of worked then I played with Ideas redraw them then took some plastic cut it out molded it cast it sand it .. Sure its not perfect But it works I will add all my findings and details...

Now I Am testing line control just for now its a 28Lb fishing line, And a RC antenna it as about a 2lb pull.. but its smooth... so well see once the rest of the stuff gets here.... for now some sanding smoothing :lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think this tread will be long remembered.

thanks for your sharing.
i hope we all can so get a really great hinge system working.

and of course you are our hero

Is good to see more systems for such a complicated problem, and it´s very nice to see you are sharing the info not like another XD.

I understand why are you releasing the info, for me was too very frustrating not to receive help so once I did mine I shared too.

Congrats again your hinge system is very very good and smooth one!

thank you guys I to Zabana seen your work.. some good stuff

So once I get the servo in do the mods to it.. will be interesting...
using a Attiny 13- 20MHz Microcontr​oller will add the electronic schematics once its done..

this is one nice thread!
this will help others indeed regarding the motorized hinge.

i would like to help but right now i'm busy with my new work
but i could share how i did mine
i did not use any servos
my friend came up with the idea and i did some modifications for my mechanism
i just used an old dvd driver,you know the ones that push and pull the tray for the disc,and that's it.
for the wires just use old bike brakes.

talked with stef i think last week and we were trying to make a tutorial for ya'll in the near future. hopefully

Thank you guys. The video explains itself..

Like the DVD idea.... Glad you didnt try a toaster:lol

wait till you see how the eyes are going to work, that will be a new thread
but im already working on that i think you all are going to enjoy that ..
not talking about them lighting up but how to see out perfect :love

doing a small run in junkyard your welcome to join if you like..

Last edited by a moderator:
wait till you see how the eyes are going to work, that will be a new thread
but im already working on that i think you all are going to enjoy that ..
not talking about them lighting up but how to see out perfect :love

doing a small run in junkyard your welcome to join if you like..
http://www.therpf.com/f13/ironman-helmet-hinges-118912/

Something else.... :love

Not to criticize or anything, but does the hinge system alow enough movement to expose the face when open? In the video it is tough to tell because it is laying down.

Something else.... :love

Not to criticize or anything, but does the hinge system alow enough movement to expose the face when open? In the video it is tough to tell because it is laying down.

plenty if there was any more.. the mask would be on the back of the helmet.:)

will work on a Video or some more pictures..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back