Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP - REALISTIC REPULSOR BLAST LIGHT AND SOUND EFFECTS!!!

pRoJectEarth7

REALISTIC REPULSOR BLAST LIGHT AND SOUND on PAGE 4

Hey Guys...

Almost everyone is into FOAM Ironman build right now... so we cant think of a more logical thing to do but to jump in to the FOAM band wagon... lol:lol

Since most Foam Ironman builder started with all the big pieces, my brother on the other hand (literally) started on the gauntlet...:)

He used zabana's pep file (thanks man:):thumbsup) just removed the tabs...

Here are the WIP photos:

He used 2mm EVA foam
Photo0100.jpg

Laid out the patterns...
Photo0101.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Made the whole palm assembly
Photo0103.jpg

Joining 2 layers of 2mm foam to achieve the right thickness on the palm... He used contact cement or rubber cement to join the 2 layers...
For other parts he used super glue...
Photo0104.jpg

Then came the thumb...
Photo0109.jpg

The index finger...
Photo0112.jpg

He temporarily attached the finger parts using masking tape...
Photo0114.jpg

A bit of test fitting...
Photo0120.jpg

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

Then the middle finger...
Photo0126.jpg

And finally the complete fingers done
Photo0132.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

It turned out quite good though he found many things to be improved...

Next (left gauntlet), he'll try to use the FOAM pep patterns provided by stealth...

I'll be sewing the fabric gloves that will go underneath this foam gauntlet...

After that will be the installation of the repulsor...:love

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated...

Thanks for watching... cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Ironman FOAM Gauntlet WIP - our very 1st Foam build

can you put it on without cracking it open?
i made mine out of paper, and after glueing it together and resining it, i cant fit my hand inside anymore as its to tight

so, actually im asking: does it stretch enough to get the hand in or do you have to have an opening on the side

can you put it on without cracking it open?
i made mine out of paper, and after glueing it together and resining it, i cant fit my hand inside anymore as its to tight

so, actually im asking: does it stretch enough to get the hand in or do you have to have an opening on the side

currently, it has an opening on one side (thumb side)... but we are actually considering to make it whole and just try to squeeze our hands in... still TBD:)

Just a tip, super glue is not good for foam, I am building my ironman armor with foam and was using hot glue, then to speed things up I did the shins with superglue, however the superglue joints would crack, and I had to redo both shins using hot glue. Apart from the superglue thing, I think you have done awesome I love the look, well done.

The hand looks great! Great detail. I agree with familyman, I've heard superglue for foam builds tend to crack and come loose after a while - haven't tried it personally though

edit: Are the top and lower palms 1 piece? or are they glued together between the fingers?

Last edited:

wow man..this looks great..I made the palm but the fingers are too difficult for me to make..My big fingers cant work with little pieces like that..Great job

Just a tip, super glue is not good for foam, I am building my ironman armor with foam and was using hot glue, then to speed things up I did the shins with superglue, however the superglue joints would crack, and I had to redo both shins using hot glue. Apart from the superglue thing, I think you have done awesome I love the look, well done.

thanks for the tip familyman:)... we'll try the hot glue on the left gauntlet:thumbsup

The hand looks great! Great detail. I agree with familyman, I've heard superglue for foam builds tend to crack and come loose after a while - haven't tried it personally though

edit: Are the top and lower palms 1 piece? or are they glued together between the fingers?

thanks venjix:)... top and lower were glued together between the fingers;)

This is coming out great. Completely encouraging!

thanks man...:):thumbsup

wow man..this looks great..I made the palm but the fingers are too difficult for me to make..My big fingers cant work with little pieces like that..Great job

thanks man:)... been out in a while and I was also amazed on what my brother did with this FOAM gauntlet... i never expected it will turn out this neat... hehe

looking good bro, keep everyone posted on developments:thumbsup

WOW great job man, i definitely need to do this.. would make things so much easier to pick up stuff

Wow good job on the foam work dude! Glad to see you on another project :)

WOW great job man, i definitely need to do this.. would make things so much easier to pick up stuff

thanks pare..:):thumbsup

Wow good job on the foam work dude! Glad to see you on another project :)

thanks man:):thumbsup

Nice job! It's those little details that really make things look great.

thanks:):thumbsup... my brother is really picky on details...;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back