IRONMAN Easy Cut FOAM building

I just need to say your build is sooooo awesome!! I have for awhile wanted to build a suit and now U gave mw the inspiration for that. I have a problem tho. I am an alien in the land of the raising sun (japan) and it might be difficult to find stuff here. 2 questions tho how is the foam you are working with? How stiff is it exactly and then what files have you used for this build? Specially the helmet ;p hope you can answer to this :) i want to win this years halloween contest at the univ..

Hi any update on this? I'm also building a foam suit and have some onyx kicking about that im gonna put to use but wanted to see how it turned out

thanks

his last post was dec 2011 and that was also his last login.

I don't think he's going to reply anytime soon.

but I hope he finished it.

Ah man, sorry i didnt look at the last date he posted, shame, im starting my foam build and wanna get the best finish on it but there are so many different methods out there, picking the right one is tricky :(

Thanks for the both posts.

The suite is going well. I will update soon. Making the templates and for everyone soon available also how to make depth detail parts / specs. with 5 mm foams. From my count 27 extra parts i designed (all above the legs ) redesigned. all questions will be in it. simple TIP for beginners. When you start building 1 session like...hmm..biceps, make both Left and right in the same time. scroll in pep prog 3D view for every possible angle (left, right, bottom and top) make the right assemble witch part you have to bend or in witch degree it has to be bend. When you placed both biceps (for example) next to each other you can see and feel you are going well. Use the glue inside also if some parts are not bend in the same degree as the other. when heat glue is inside you can bend it in the right position. Always think symmetric otherwise you next bicep build will be different. never ever ever ever never build one session first making left and the next day the right one :)

The muscled ironman templates will be coming soon!!!! i promise

Also i have to thank the post in my threat about styrospay 1000!
damn... somehow its the best stuff on the market to make foams as hard as resin....hmm i like to call it....please....real steel!. hehe

This month i am really busy on some other important thinks. but heeee.
thanks for all comments. it motivates me! I love you guys.

Amazing work...
Would you ever consider releasing PDFs of your templates?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back