IronMan build MkVII or MKVIII (Avengers)

baden3

hai guys, its been a long time since i posted here in rpf, im planning to make the armor for the avengers movie. currently, im in school ryt now, so its kinda hard balancing my time since imma in college, so im kinda in the studying the reference and gathering materials stage. i dont know how long this is gonna take me but i hope itll be finish b4 the movie shows. ill post updates soon!

peace out,

-Kit

Good luck with the build, ill definately keep an eye on this thread as i'vre been looking in to building the new armour too, although all i can find right now are some slightly dubious concept art.

I doubt ill have it done by the screening tho as uni is about to start and ive only recently discovered pepakura.

Anyway good luck and I hope it turns out well for you

thanks man, i think pepakura on this thing is gonna take months so i think im gonna try and mimic it from scratch, i hope i can get this done fast. good luck to you to dude on making that armor! your planning to go for the new armor as well?

pep takes its time thats true, i did my whole war machine in pepakura, looking back, some parts wouldve been better made in EVA, but its too late for that now :)

Yea im going to try to make the new one, I suppose the best thing about it taking so long is that if any more art or photos come along I can tweak bits here and there. I'm currently trying to get some plans drawn up from the artwork which has been released (which is frustrating as there is none showing his back :mad: ).

Godd luck!

Yea im going to try to make the new one, I suppose the best thing about it taking so long is that if any more art or photos come along I can tweak bits here and there. I'm currently trying to get some plans drawn up from the artwork which has been released (which is frustrating as there is none showing his back :mad: ).

Godd luck!

thanks man, will look forward to your pep as well! but as of Now, im making it from scratch, so im still gathering solid references goodluck to you too bro!

ok guys for updates i only made the helmet first since its the only thing that has similarities to the other suits. i used stealth's edited robo peps for the foam build (i used rubber; but heck its still the same)
308754_2556652364237_1491832506_32912672_1790233847_n.jpg

this it the new helmet i made. the one in the right was from my mark VI armor. i can say i really like the way the new one formed.

283469_2280264974725_1491832506_32633431_2803210_n.jpg

this is my mark VI btw forgive me for the crappy shot. it was made out of robo's templates. its still needed lots of improvements ^^a also the helmet i made was too big, because i didnt adjust the pep size properly (i suck at math). result, it looked a little bit of a bubble head

hey guys quick update on the suit. I just finished making the Mk VII Chest and ill add more details using a soldering iron (if i can buy a new one hopefully). i saw don robert's armor i was mesmerized @.@ go DRI!. i still have to find details for the back part though, i cant find reffs, does anyone know where to find some?

374869_2692775007218_1491832506_32995176_808334326_n.jpg

hope you guys like it.
Peace out!
-Kit

That is some really nice work man.

That rubber foam you guys get over there really is pretty awesome.
It's looks really dense and sharper than what we use for material over here.

STEALTH: thankyou man, yes it is. It comes in one whole role here about 4 to 5ft. tall and at a very very low price. i subscribe to your youtube channels btw, great work on the foam armor and thanks for sharing the duck tape dummy! more power

sirnaut: thankyou verry much

IronLeoMan: sweet, good luck with yours too man! do you have any threads on it yet?

Azurial: thanks i think ill work on the shoulders next. I get my foam in a local shop where they sell varieties of foam in different thickness, textures.

Really digging how you're getting the jump on the movie Premiere. Looking forward to seeing this guy advancing. Will keep my eyes peeled for reference material for you!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back