Ironman Build.........Ab, Back and Cod Pieces

thorneyboy

I have lurked around here for a while and have even posted a few things and sold a few items to others (who I hope still enjoy the items lol) and wanted something for myself. I decided on Ironman and with the help of another forum member ahave pretty much the entire upper section of the suit already. Now I have started to paint the suit itself and as you can see below it is not too bad I think.

SAM_0972.jpg

SAM_0973.jpg

SAM_0974.jpg

SAM_0975.jpg

There are some tiny inmperfections but for a first time it not bad.

As I am very very new to this any comments/advice would be welcome

Thanks.....

Last edited:
Re: First ever proper build and decided to tackle Ironman

Can anybody give me advice on how to connect this all together. I am thinking of buckles and webbing strap to connect the upper armour but have no idea of the best way to secure it to the armour..

well done on your progress thorneyboy...your miles ahead of me mate haha what halfords red did you go for?

I decided to use Nissan Flame Red and Nissan Metallic Gold. Both awesome colours and works well on the grey primer.

nice one!!! and looking very smooth.ill have a look out for them colors and give them a try :) im still having trouble smoothing my helmet out haha

Well I have moved on and have now begun on the ab and back pieces, including the cod piece. These were cast in foam material to help with movement. I will attach them by 2 zips, one on either side. Again this will allow me to put the suit on myself, which is my ultimate aim with this build.

SAM_0980.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_0979.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_0978.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_0977.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_0981.jpg
[/IMG]

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back