IRONFETT mark VI build

been working hard at this stuff getting ready for wondercon.

the helmet is coming along the more i work on it the more stuff i find needs to be tweaked, but by any chance does somebody know the name of the red tool used for finding symmetry? i need to pick one up
anyways here is a very much wip of the bucket
de8e2de2.jpg

now running into the sad part of fiberglassing pep, when the resin pulls the cloth away from the paper creating gaps that need to be ripped up and filled
1151fee8.jpg

51b4e082.jpg
546ffac5.jpg

and for some impatient pics ha!
9bec8d06.jpg
f79c0a43.jpg

oh and i think ive found the ultimate solution for sealing foam..
67be3749.jpg

Magikote is made for sealing styrofoam for paint, its sandable and most importantly flexible. Cost $6 at michaels.

The forearms look like they fit you perfectly!

I might pick up some of that Magokote and see how it is, there's a Michael's not too far from me.

the helmet file is sharmark/dubean, its what most guys use for the mk 4 and 6 builds. its a pretty good starting point. Im going to be doing a more project7earth intense mod to it. As for the foam templates its all about steath, jowe, and juice. They shred at the foam mods. they have a thread for all the templates.

You're doing great man...:):thumbsup... reminds me of the days...:D

Regarding symmetry... I think if you print half part of the helmet (of the pep file) and make it as a pattern/reference for left and right side (just flipping it over for the other half), i think that will do the trick (just a suggestion)...:)

I was not able to do that on our helm but will definitely use that technique on the rest of the helmet we'll be making...

Keep building...(y)thumbsup

cheers!

Did you try a test piece with the Magikote? Like take two pieces of foam and glue them edge to edge, then add the stuff and see if you can sand some of the edges smooth?

Thats a cool suggestion. thanks!

Ive discovered that one whole side of my bucket is about a 1/4 lower than the other. So i am taking some drastic measures so see this thing through.

aa5c4d7c.jpg

ive already started raising up the right side, and picked up a profile gauge so all my curves are symmetrical.

just wanted to share on the status of the top of my helmet. It is still a wip but its getting there. The more i dug in i realized that the bucket was tweaked in alot of spots so im having to go in and fix it all. I've put so much into the helmet I don't want to start over

6632c3be.jpg

7fff51f0.jpg

e7825aae.jpg

i did go ahead and remake the jaw because the angles where all messed up. Im trying to have this pretty much fixed this weekend, so i can move on to molding next week.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back