IRONFETT mark VI build

LORDXBLACKWOOD

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know this is still early on but im keeping this a secret from all my garrison mates and other costumers, ha. I still gotta share with someone so i figured here would be safe enough.

Just basically got the faceplate worked out.
2b754695.jpg

but i will be molding this up for some runs, we already spin ep.3,2 clone buckets, as well as neyo and animated helmets so this will go in the machine quite nicely:)

the rest of the suit will probably be foam, my buddy is going to roll a war machine as well. The goal is to have both done for wondercon.

hope yall stay tuned.
thanks for lookin!

Last edited:
Re: tuskenfett mark VI build

small update, i got a bunch more done on the helmet now that my clone commission is finished. i got one gantlet finished as well cause I can never do things in the right order.
I may wait awhile to mold up the helmet until i figure out how to fund the initial investment.

thanks for looking guys!

almost finished with the helmet, i have alot more time now since my commission is finished.

heres some pics of the helmet where it stands now, I still need to finish the back portions then its off to fiberglass it!

9fbe7512.jpg

a5a3ea56.jpg

53346076.jpg

the helmet is finished!!! that pep is intense man, but stealth's videos helped a ton with his tricks on the tabs and what not, here is the pics before it gets resin.

938a7834.jpg

7b12c42b.jpg

c77a5ee5.jpg

c5cd3905.jpg

the ears are going to be done seperate just like everyone else does them, im also using projectearth7's helmet thread as a huuuge reference for mine as well.

here is some of the foam guantlets
779b3cfc.jpg

fb3e3a25.jpg

8755de16.jpg

thanks guys more to come!

the bucket is all resin'ed and the fiberglass is inside, it was too cold today to resin in the inside.
7bc8c8dd.jpg

440a3212.jpg

9d8af767.jpg

cff6f46c.jpg

i did the ears separate as well. it seems to be the best way based on the numerous other builds.
8f46c5ba.jpg

on a separate note

chest is done
07dd12eb.jpg

neckseal is done
43cc4066.jpg
2a68f1c4.jpg
e6f07133.jpg

took some foamies and made tabs for velcro
276828b9.jpg

back nearing completion with spine armor installed
0ab24383.jpg

more to come....

This is looking awesome so far. I can't wait to see it finished. I'm curious as to what they final product will look like.

Also glad you're posting progress pics. Your neckseal gave me an idea to try for my Rinzler costume.

Funny I see your stuff and I want to be a mutant! Haha

Haha thanks man... I'm so damn behind on my project. New baby + wife + job + traveling non stop lately for work hasnt left me a ton of time to work on it.

The bondo/sanding stage is taking me foreeeeeever.

Your helmet looks like it held it's shape pretty well after the resin.

the bucket is all resin'ed and the fiberglass is inside, it was too cold today to resin in the inside.
7bc8c8dd.jpg

440a3212.jpg

9d8af767.jpg

cff6f46c.jpg

i did the ears separate as well. it seems to be the best way based on the numerous other builds.
8f46c5ba.jpg

on a separate note

chest is done
07dd12eb.jpg

neckseal is done
43cc4066.jpg
2a68f1c4.jpg
e6f07133.jpg

took some foamies and made tabs for velcro
276828b9.jpg

back nearing completion with spine armor installed
0ab24383.jpg

more to come....

Nice job with the whole build; awesome work with the folds and putting it together...I see you are going for a hybrid (foam/pep); I'm doing the chest already...I have a question when you sized the helmet what measurements did you use; I want to do the helmet and I'm not sure how to scale it, (I measured my head and is 23.5 around)...any tips will be appreciated...

Thanks...keep up the good work...

David

I did my helmet at default scale. There should be a test helmet for scaling that's alot faster to do some trial and error. My head is around 24" and it will be snug with some room for servos. I'm actually going to mold this up for budget iron man kits. As far as your resining its all abou doing it in sections. If you do it all at once it's going to get wonky quick.

Thanks for the compliments so far everyone! Hope to do ya proud in the end.

What pep files are you using for the foam and paper? There are so many different helm's and parts its hard to know which one's are the best.

It still amazes me that these start off as paper and foam. Even though i see all the hard work that goes into the finishing.

Also if possible could you please send me the Test Helmet. Having a heck of a time getting it to fit my big head. Done 2 peps, one way to big and other to small. I know there is a lot of trial and error but a simpler helm would be easier to get sizing. I sent PM with email address.

Great work and look forward to following along. Hopefully will be able to start on my first suit soon.

Sweet!! Thanks bro, I will print the helm now, I ordered one from j0We here, but if I make one I will change the color....nice work...Can't wait to see the final product....

Regards

David

the helmet file is sharmark/dubean, its what most guys use for the mk 4 and 6 builds. its a pretty good starting point. Im going to be doing a more project7earth intense mod to it. As for the foam templates its all about steath, jowe, and juice. They shred at the foam mods. they have a thread for all the templates.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back