Iron Mark 17 and ARC reactor prop

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by brendanhb, Sep 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. brendanhb

brendanhb New Member

Hi all,
    I have started building my Iron man mark 17 armour lately from Pepakura files.
    I have printed our the templates onto card-stock, then I cut them out and trace them onto cardboard (3.5mm roughly,) then i cut it out, and using the Pepakura files as a refrence i hot glue together.
    Once i have made the complete suit, i will resin the outside and fibreglass the inside, then paint it (something like that)
    So far I have completed the building of the helmet, there are a few bugs(electronics -tidy up for the LEDS dont touch my eyes when I put the faceplate on- , the face plate is detachable and it has to fit when I put the helmet on but since I am doing this purely for fun, im not too worried about it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next stage is constructing the hands and the forearms, both of which I have printed out the templates for and have cut out
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The ARC reactor prop is going well, i have created the "light ring" and wired up some blue LED'S. Sometime in the future I will make a aluminium casing for the ring to go in as seen in the picture
    *note this is not accurate to any of the ARC reactors in the movies, this one is completely new and original design by myself
    [​IMG][​IMG]

*NOTE* I did not design the suit in any way shape or form, i am using the Pepakura files that Helegak created, so credit goes to were credit is due!
    *and might i say he has done an amazing job at it!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    George likes this.
  2. George

George Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Brendan and welcome to the RPF
    Great to see a different build for a change :thumbsup good luck !

brendanhb likes this.
  3. brendanhb

brendanhb New Member

Thanks you George for the friendly welcome!