1. Welcome to the Want to Buy Forum!

The name of this forum alone is self explanatory. What you may not know is that any member can post a WTB request, but only Premium Members are able to respond to those requests. Why? Because this sub-forum is, at its heart, a sales forum, only Premium Members can advertise their wares and services by responding to WTB requests.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Want to Buy Iron man suit (on a budget)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Thefaz13, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Thefaz13

Thefaz13 New Member

Hey guys! I'm a student going in to third year, and was hoping to see if anyone wanted to take on a "budget build" for an iron man suit, a la JFcustom's 5 day iron man suit before. I have his files but haven't been able to test them out (I would be completely new and am working 50+ hours a week). His suit cost him around $70 to build. I was wondering if someone would like to try to take on building a suit like this for me (for a higher price to them, of course). I don't have a huge amount of money with my student bills, but I'm hoping someone could help me out and we could work something out!

Message me if you guys are up for the challenge :)

Thanks!

2. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think the cheapest you'll find a foam suit made for you will likely run north of $500 minimum

3. Thefaz13

Thefaz13 New Member

Bump for the top!

4. Thefaz13

Thefaz13 New Member

A bit more info here:

I could do the painting, I would just need the foam and the priming, if that would help convince someone to build it!

Like I said, the files seem really easy to use for someone who's done it before, and shouldn't take TOO long to build (JF built it in 5 DAYS!). It could be a nice way to make a costume and earn some extra money. Would anyone like to help me out here?