Iron Man Paints

BIKERFETT

Sr Member
I have waded through many threads trying to find the right aerosol paint for the red in the costume. ALso do you clear coat afterwards? Thanks for your help.

CHris

I don't think there is really a "right" color... And if there is, I haven't seen it mentioned. Go to an auto store and check out what they have. I just used Duplicolor Medium Garnet Red Metallic that I found at O'Reilly's. Color looks pretty good to me...

2011-09-11092558.jpg

As far as the clear goes, I would. Especially if you'll be wearing it. Want to protect the finish as you bump into things

Also, in The Art of Iron Man book they list a lot of different paint combinations they tried for the movie... You might give that a look

I've taken the color properties from a bunch of different paints that I have seen used, and they average out to a color with a RGB value of around 103 red, 12 green, and 20 blue. Google RGB calculator and enter those numbers, you will see what I mean

Examples are GM Cherry Red Metallic, Toyota Dark Salsa Red, Isuzu Red Rock Metallic, or any Duplicolor match.

Clear coats will protect it but will also make it glossy. I've heard of automotive top coats with a matte finish but they are more expensive.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back