IRON MAN MKVI full resin suit and helmet video

monkeeman

Right seems im coming to the end now.
This has been far more complicated than I had expected.
things left to do:
paint the helmet, got the eyes lit and the servo needs tweaking but the faceplate will lift and close with no visible mechanism...im using the helmet i made about two years ago ,I still see casts i mad popping up on here from time to time.

got the fingers to do, all molded and ready to assemble, tried a few failed attempts with red cloth gloves dyed dark red and glue the individual finger pieces to it , nearly sorted this now but fiddly work.

arc reactor needs to go in (after final painting)

and then it needs weathering scratching etc to make it less toy like and more like the one on screen,

The part im worried about the most is between the top of the thigh and the codpiece. so im going to have to come up with something to fill that void, has to be flexible as there's a lot of movement in that area,

also the knees look rubbish when i bend them as it exposes a big cap.

im really pleased with it and have learned a lot along the way, the next one i make will be easier as I have all the molds already now.
here is a pic and feel free to check out my other posts or have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: IRON MAN MKVI Nearly finished !!

This looks great! A strip or a few strips/layers of flexible rubber could be used to fill the gap between the thighs and groin. Also, a red metallic zentai suit bought off ebay would work too. You can always draw a pattern onto the zentai suit in the gapped spot to mimick lack of armor there. Trust me, it's hard to tell if the metallic zentai is underneath and shows through gaps. Good luck.

Paul

Re: IRON MAN MKVI Nearly finished !!

Wow!!! That looks fantastic. What was your process? Any WIP pictures?

It seriously looks like you stole one of the promo suits. :lol

-Nick

Re: IRON MAN MKVI Nearly finished !! new pics

Hi again,
well I finally got around to making a wooden frame to support and display my suit,nothing fancy but works well !

as you can see I still need to make the right hand, and finish the helmet (held off paining it until I was happy with the mechanics inside.) GGGRRRRRR !!

Also still need to sort out the bits between the groin and thighs.Decided to make some color matched silicone pieces and started them today, possibly Incorporate the hip pods as well as i think solid ones will restrict the movement a bit to much :confused

anyway here are some pics

Edit: forgot to mention I have scratched it up a bit and started a bit of weathering like the movie version, not too much but enough to give the impression its metal and used

Last edited:

hi guys,
just a quicky, while working on my helmet lifting mechanism I thought id pop my original helmet sculpt onto my suit.Its made out of plaster and card etc so quite heavy but good enough to take some pics.
also heres a pic of my arc reactor bezel made from a piece of aluminium (pleased with that.
and the other pic shows the size of the suit compared to a 6 inch mk4 figure on the floor lol.
as for the helmet I got the face plate lifting now nice and quick but the 90 degree rotation on the servo doesn't open it high enough. So a quick google found out that i can extend the sweep up to 180 degrees by soldering some resistors into the servo. I will be doing this tomorrow night so fingers crossed!

Well i modded the servo for 180 degree sweep. Rewired an on off switch.and now my faceplate flips up with one press and down with another...happy days !

Amazing. I have no idea how you guys pull this stuff off. Building clone armor is way easier. LOL.

Im using a servo tester to drive the servo. That has a control knob that i now use as a trimmer. I added the on off button and adjusted the knob !

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Great work, the open close design from what I could tell was one of the best ones I've seen and seemed so simple.

The hinges on the sides looked like just one long piece?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back