Iron Man MK7 build first build ever...

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by TheLightwolf, May 14, 2012.

1. TheLightwolf

TheLightwolf New Member

Hello. I've been reading posts for months now tryin to figure out how to make an iron man suit. I appreciate all the insight and guidance everyone has given. I hope to make a great suit like most of you. I'm very artistic, but not very good at this whole sizing stuff to match. So this ought to be interesting... Any tips would be greatly appreciated for pep build on card stock! Also how are people reinforcing the boots to hold their weight? Thanks!

2. StarksWarehouse

StarksWarehouse Active Member

3. Tony Rod

Tony Rod New Member

Looking forward to this build!

4. TheLightwolf

TheLightwolf New Member

So I have an honest question for everyone...Am I getting over my head tryng cardstock pep for my first build, or should I go with Foam?

5. Indigogyre

Indigogyre Well-Known Member

Only you can answer that question. My only suggestion would be to start with parts that are less detailed and are easier to build to get started. Also, just remember not everything goes perfect and you'll most likely have to redo scales or a few pieces every once in awhile.

Dean

6. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

I'm also doing my first ever pep build. I however am doing the Mark III because it is less detailed and more smooth. I figured it would be easier than the more detailed later suits. So you may want to look into trying it first unless you have your heart set on the 7

7. Hamsterstyle

Hamsterstyle Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind that Iron Man is a beast of a project. There are about 20 people starting an iron man build for every single person who actually finishes one.

But, you should still give it a shot. Start with something simple. Make a glove and arm. Learn the techniques. Expect to fail, and fail, and fail, then suddenly what you did worked. Then rinse/repeat.

8. TheLightwolf

TheLightwolf New Member

I appreciate the encouragement from everyone. I think I may for my first ever build go with the foam version. Just to get the basics down... Look forward to showing pics!

9. TheLightwolf

TheLightwolf New Member

I appreciate everything I will be starting to upload some photos soon. I want to thank everyone that has helped me. I also would like to thank Robo, Stealth, and Darkside for all their pepakura files, and tips! You guys make me believe I have the ability to make a suit! Thank You.