Prop Store

SuperheroDIY

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is an Iron Man MK46 (from Captain America: Civil War) costume I'm ready to let go. PM me with any questions.

See Google Photos album here!
sbdyOfuPbg4XLqlHTjQV17uaiPSMVGadaN4z25RikVzRj6t-mqgtJ44Dv62NFwDD-6W0w2_Q52ez40_yfaUVOJZ0=s937-no.jpg

Chest/Back piece are made out of some sort of worbla-like material for extra detail, the rest of the parts are made from foam.

Should fit someone 5’5”-5’8”, 140-160lbs.

Suit comes with:

Helmet
  • ROAN LAGER MK42 helmet w/LED eyes and moving facemask
Armor:
  • Chest - worbla-like material, has Adafruit NeoPixel LED ring installed for main chest light
  • Back - worbla-like material, has 4 servos with moving flaps, as well as RGB LED strips to light open flaps
  • Neck guard - foam
  • Arms (shoulder, bicep, forearm) - foam, 3 LEDs per arm
  • Waist/midsection - foam, total 4 LEDs
  • Thighs - foam, 2 LEDs each
  • Calves/Shins - foam, 1 LED each
  • Shoes - with croc inserts
  • Shiny red undersuit w/zipper
  • Hand/finger armor is not included

Electronics
As mentioned above, suit comes with several electronics, all controlled by the Sparkfun Spectacle system. It's comprised of several boards depending on the desired functionality:
  • 1 Director Board - controls programming and control for subordinate boards
  • 2 Light Boards - 1 for chest light + body LEDs, 1 for back flap and body LEDs
  • 1 Motion Board - controls 4 servos for back flaps
  • 1 Button Board - not installed, but can be used to control back flaps
Can be powered by one 5V (2A) output cell phone charger (I recommend Anker), or multiple depending on power needs. May need additional connected to Light or Motion Board.

Helmet - LED light-up eyes and moving faceplate powered by dual mini-servos. Faceplate controlled by magnetic ring and sensor on the right-side of the helmet. Not connected to body electronics.

Lights - suit has 16 RGB LED hexagon lights around the suit, along with 22 RGB LED lights behind the back for the flap lights, and an LED NeoPixel RGB LED light ring for the super-bright arc reactor! All lights could have different/multiple colors depending on what you desire as these are RGB LEDs. All programmed easily via the Sparkfun Spectacle web app. NO PROGRAMMING/CODING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED.

Motion - suit has 4 back flaps controlled by 1 mini-servo each. Powered by the Motion Board connected via other boards if desired, and via the Spectacle control script. When open, can have LEDs light up. These flaps need a bit of work as they do not fit perfectly with the rest of the armor, most likely will need reinforcement where the hinges attach to the back piece.

The biggest part of getting them working again is reinstalling the program (I have it) and putting the button for the open/close somewhere. You'd have to add the Spectacle Button Board (included) and then attach a button. This Sparkfun Spectacle system makes it easy once you see how it works. Since this suit never fit me, I never bothered to try to add a button anywhere.

Condition
This costume is used and has been worn and displayed for a couple years now. The foam parts especially have some paint issues, including scratches, dings, flaking, or creases. Overall it looks great.

Shipping
Shipping is via USPS to the continental US only. Shipped with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation.

Local pickup is accepted (and encouraged), for a $100 rebate! (zip code 80020)

Last edited:

SoCalSwar

Dude that is so incredibly bad ASS!!! Well done! If I was that size and had a bundle of cash lying around, I'd be all OVER that! Did you make the chest light from scratch or did it come already set in the plastic rings?

SuperheroDIY

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I actually ended up making that chest light myself out of a NeoPixel LED ring as the old one was crap. This one is super bright!

Jamundsen

Dude this is amazing. I'm finishing a mk46 build right now and going to steal your Neopixel idea for the arc reactor and repulsors! I'm curious, how did you power the suit and connect all the LEDS to each other? I've been stumped on how I will power the suit, or wire the LEDs together. Are they all in a single series? Would love any suggestions you might have! Thanks! SuperheroDIY

xl97

Sr Member
Neopixels are all connected together.

They are very easy and straight forward to use. (they require a microcontroller.. can NOT just power powered on to work)

I would also suggest maybe using DotStars instead fo Neopixels.. (more or less the same).. but can be updated faster (doesnt seem to be something you need to do).. but also have less timing requirements like the Neopixels do.

Most Arduino's are +5v devices.. Neopixels are +5v device..

you can use a cell phone charger to power your 'suit' (consistently).. or a USB 'power brick' if you need t it to be away from a wall socket.

SuperheroDIY

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dude this is amazing. I'm finishing a mk46 build right now and going to steal your Neopixel idea for the arc reactor and repulsors! I'm curious, how did you power the suit and connect all the LEDS to each other? I've been stumped on how I will power the suit, or wire the LEDs together. Are they all in a single series? Would love any suggestions you might have! Thanks! SuperheroDIY
Yep as xl97 mentioned, they are all connected together.

I actually used addressable LED strip lights for the lights scattered around the body. I cut them apart so I only had one pixel per body light, but I liked them because they are addressable, meaning I could control any single pixel if I wanted to (as opposed to an all or no change). I used a NeoPixel ring for the arc reactor light.

You can use an Arduino as the microcontroller for all of them. I actually used Sparkfun Spectacle for this implementation, and I'm not convinced it was actually easier than just using Arduino and coding it myself. But it does allow for some fun things without needing to program or really know what you're doing.

The way I did it was to have the below Sparkfun Spectacle boards:
  • 1 Director Board
  • 1 Button Board - connected one button to make the back flaps work and change the color of all lights
  • 1 Light Board - controls the front arc reactor and most of the body lights
  • 1 Light Board - controls the back flap lights and the other back lights
  • 1 Motion Board - controls the servos that make the back flaps work
You use a web app to "program" the Spectacle system to do what you want, and it's pretty straight-forward after you mess with it for awhile.

I did have to solder a lot of wires together and add connectors, as each piece of the suit disconnects from the next, but connects when you want all the lights on of course.

Prop Store