Iron Man Mk III From Foam, Cardboard And Scraps

writefast

Like the failed Batman I tried. Cardboard, foam, and whatever else I can scrounge up. This is only my second build ever so be gentle.

Iron Man begins:

MyPicture-25.jpg

MyPicture-26.jpg

See my most obvious mistake. I need to round out that neckline a lot more.

And increase the angle on the pecs.

Last edited:
A corrected collar.

MyPicture1.jpg

MyPicture-41.jpg

I hate the fact that the duct tape really hides the details. Will be going back to packing tape for the mock-up. My plan is to mock-up the individual pieces then when I like what I see finish w/hot glue... and maybe a duct tape overlay. Now to hang some ribs.

Adam?

And we have a rib.

MyPicture1-1.jpg

MyPicture2.jpg

MyPicture-42.jpg

Some small alignment issues showing and I think I still need to tighten that neckline but I'm pretty happy so far.

Oh, and I need to trim the ribs.

Last edited:
More hot glue and just the tiniest bit of trimming.

MyPicture2-2.jpg

MyPicture1-3.jpg

MyPicture-44.jpg

Angle is still a little off on the chest but I'm locking it in for now. I'm also starting to think about fit and finish. MCL34N's duct tape on cardboard idea seemed to have turned out really well for the exterior. I'm thinking about doing that and the going the extra step and adding a couple of coats of Krylon... or something a little cheaper. I would like to get as smooth a texture as I can with as little investment as possible.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back