Iron Man Mk III build (UK) Eyes, Voice control and paint on helmet

Thanks Michael. I know what you mean, I've ended up with bits of my project strewn all over the house so it will be nice to have it all sorted in one area and a clearer idea of what i have to do. I'm a victim of my own disorganization really.
From what I've seen, you don't need too much advice, you're coming up with plenty of good ideas of your own. I can however lend a jab of motivation should you feel at all demotivated at any point :D
Best of luck.

That looks awesome! I just started my mk3 and ive got about 15 hours of peping done which is equal to the right arm from the elbow down =.= long way to go. Again, yours looks fantastic!

Excellent work man ;) can't wait to see the end result at boomtown 2013! :) my 2nd pep of the Thomas helmet is coming on well, not purfect but a vast improvement on the 1st, will start a thread when I'm done prepping and link to you. Keep up the good work.

omg aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

amazing!

If I ever try to do this build again, it's your fault.
man, it's coming along so awesome!

I'm jealous!

hey man your build looks amazing! I'm at the initial filler stage of my suit now, would greatly appreciate any tips/advice you have on getting mine as smooth looking as yours.

Also I was thinking of using an Arduino nano to control servos attached to a hinge system but I have no experience of programming etc. so I have no idea how to achieve it.

Here's my thread: http://www.therpf.com/f24/another-iron-man-mk6-full-suit-work-160051/

Let me know what you think!

Phew! That was a long break.

I've gone through a lot of, for want of a better word, crap over the last six months. I've missed a lot of stuff that's been going on in these forums but have now returned to finish off my project.

All your comments have been very much appreciated over the course of my build and have not been forgotten. I've just had too much on my plate to even contemplate anything Iron Man related and coming on to the forums would of only made me feel even more miserable about not being able to get on with the build.

But to the here and now... I am ready to resume regular work and forum watching/ogling/support. I even missed a post by the mighty STEALTH on my build while I was gone. Shame on me :/

Anyways. Hello again guys. It's good to be back.

Welcome back man. Look forward to seeing this project back up and running. Also good to see another Brit out there doing a class IM build :)

A massive warm welcome back mate, real life or work does keep us away from our builds but sometimes it's good to take a break and reflect. Done that myself in a way as I'm still on with my MK III , anyways great to have you back fella and look forward to seeing your progress when ready. The RPF has served as a massive inspiration to me and I love seeing everyone's builds.

Welcome back buddy. It's always good to get back in to hobbies after a break! Great build you got, and love the face plate electronics and voice activation! Just ordered an Uno R3 and gona try and learn how the hell it works and have a go myself. Good luck with the rest of the build. :)

Thanks guys. I've been doing minor bits of glassing and body filling ove the last couple of days. It's more a case of getting everything back in order now and trying to remember where I left off six months ago :)

Thanks guys. I've been doing minor bits of glassing and body filling ove the last couple of days. It's more a case of getting everything back in order now and trying to remember where I left off six months ago :)

I hear that! I left off on my torso before the holidays as I was very ill. :cryIve worked on other parts, but getting back to the torso is daunting as I really have no clue where I left off and where I need to start back so I dont cross myself up!:eek:sick
We'll get back in the groove!:D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back