Iron man missile prop

Dear Maverick,

I do not see any pic or signs of progress, maybe you were sooo excited you forgot.

I'd love to see what inspired you to create this thread

JPH

Dear Maverick,

I do not see any pic or signs of progress, maybe you were sooo excited you forgot.

I'd love to see what inspired you to create this thread

JPH

Yeah sorry about that. I was having issues loading the images with my phone. I will post them tonight after I get off of work..

Last edited:
image.jpg

So I started this build using expended submarine launched bathyothermographs. After gutting the remaining inner components, you left with an empty aluminum tube that's approx. 1 yard long. Then I gave them two coats of rust oleum 2X primer. Next came the olive drab camouflage coat, and the STARK decals.

I'm working late all week, so I'll be working on them here and there as long as I'm not too exhausted. I would like to add some aluminum stabalizer fins at the bottom and top near the "nose cone".

Let me know what you think. :)

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Added some flat black plasti dip to the "warhead"

Hey thats really cool, but does this mean there is no cloaking device? Great color and decal. Did you make your own decal or did you buy it? Great stuff man...GM

It's a missile with a cloaking device...GM

Oh man, now I feel stoopud! :facepalm

but I really like the pics that *were*posted. So, the invisible stuff is in the pics, right? Meanwhile the other STark items look very credible. More credible that Marvel's "New Universe." More credible than Mickey dieing from eating poprocks and soda, more credible than...

Oh man, now I feel stoopud! :facepalm

but I really like the pics that *were*posted. So, the invisible stuff is in the pics, right? Meanwhile the other STark items look very credible. More credible that Marvel's "New Universe." More credible than Mickey dieing from eating poprocks and soda, more credible than...

Thanks man. There is no cloaking device lol.. I wish there was some kind of cloaking device available to buy. Wait is there. I'll look into that. It would be cool to have something like tech used on the Aston Martin vanquish, from DIE ANOTHER DAY. But on a smaller scale and affordable:)

I suppose that one could probably use clear plexiglass tubing, and etching for the details to give it a "cloaked" appearance. It wouldn't have any functionality though.

To answer your question Murdoch, I bought the decals off of eBay for a great price. I'm thinking of making a stark ind. stencil though, so I can spray it on and give it an authentic military look.

- - - Updated - - -

Do the one that shot all the shrapnel into Tony Starks chest.

Sure. Lol is there a decent reference photo that anyone can share?

Maverick2212, I found a decent reference photo. hope its enough.stark-industries-bomb.jpg
-I cant tell what the nose cone looks like since its buried in the dirt. I imagine it must be pointy. I also do not know what the tail of it looks like either. but search stark industries missile on google images and look for one that matches the colors and base it off of one of them.

I checked it out Baggins, I found a company that makes/sells them. The want want upwards of $500. Wtf? It shouldn't be too hard to make.. And if I sold them definitely wouldn't charge that much!

You nailed the color and the decals are very official looking. Unless you were trying to recreate that one specific piece, I'd say you deserve a hearty thumbs up!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgWell it was a very busy week.. But I had a few hours today to give the missiles their final coats and finish the decals. It was soo damn cold today, it took longer than I hoped.image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back