Iron Man Mask out of sheet metal.

Continued with my paper one. Fibred, puttied and ready to be grinded. I have a ton of car shops around the corner. They can help me paint the mask when it is finished. Maybe making a mold first... Updates soon!

Hello, I'm rather new here.
I'm a student and id like to attempt to make the full suit, or at least the torso, as my big project for my welding class. I've made a few pieces already with both paper and cardboard, but metal just seems the way to go [if a little heavy however.]
I have access to a metals shop[Foundry, folding presses, mills, drills, lathes, all available] and a welding shop With a CNC plasma cutter [Torches, Mig, Tic, and arc machines available], however no soldering station. I may also have access to a 3D printer for a chest piece, as i figure plastic will be easy to light.

Anyways i was wondering if anyone had any tips for this sort of thing. Thanks a lot for anything, I really appreciate your time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back