Iron Man Mask out of sheet metal.

mhuizing

Hi guys. I am new here and have already made the Pepakura mask out of paper. That had got me thinking. Why not make it out of metal, completely? I used the Pepakura samples and used shears to cut the metal. Cuts all over my hands! Damn sharp. Anyway, here is a pic for your perusal.
I will keep updating this thread with my progress and pictures.
Comment please! Love to all you hobbyists!

Hi guys. I am new here and have already made the Pepakura mask out of paper. That had got me thinking. Why not make it out of metal, completely? I used the Pepakura samples and used shears to cut the metal. Cuts all over my hands! Damn sharp. Anyway, here is a pic for your perusal.
I will keep updating this thread with my progress and pictures.
Comment please! Love to all you hobbyists!

Looks like your using Galvanized metal, I assume your welding this together? Be very careful when you weld, the fumes off welded galvanizing are no joke. Looks like a good start BTW.

Yeah, you're right. I actually don't know much about welding this metal and don't have the facilities for it. Should have been something to consider before I started, right? ;)
I will think of something and keep you posted on how I was able to do it (if ever!)

Just to let you know guys, I am a complete newbie. I like working with my hands (my ex-es can attest to that) but I am flying blind here. I use sheet metal to cut corners (hihi) and it shows. I can put several cutouts together and cut it so that it will fit snugly, but welding it, or even connecting it is difficult. Not to mention I had a few whiskeys...
Anyway, I will post a pic which might help others mimicking what I am doing but remember I still haven't figured out how to weld the pieces together...
I am creating the setting for a future mold, so I might just screw it together...

Definitely a new use for pep files. If you did it right you could always rivet it together and hide the rivets somehow.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back