Iron man mark vii cardboard/celtic/InteFoam/AVENT Suit concept

dfx13

I've been following a lot of great iron man builds here for a while and I thought I'd throw mine in as well. This is my Mark VII suit I created in cardboard using the kotobukiya sculpture as reference. I plan to resin and fiberglass it later once all the pieces are done. I also have a Mark VI suit I created last year using sintra.

Attachments

• 7i.JPG
    7i.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5,257
Last edited:
Re: Iron man mark vii cardboard

Man this is amazing!!!

And you builded it just with reference pics and no peping at all :O!!!!

Thanks, your helmet posts actually inspired me to build my previous suit all in sintra.

You are a steely eyed missile man dfx. Keep up the great work, it looks amazing so far!

Dfx, bra that is some extremely detailed work /w/ cardboard bra. Free handed as well awesome build that sets th' bar for cardboard builds.:cool

That is quite possibly one of the coolest iron man related things I have seen on here. Bravo......Bravo.

Thanks a lot. My next step is to integrate servos to make the flaps in the back function.

I also want to share a few items that may be helpful to those starting their first iron man build.

This are the lights that I used in my Mark VI version. They're $6.99 each and fit's perfectly in the eye socket. All you have to do is build a casing. I've attached alligator clips to a 9v battery in the screen shot below.
42mm 8 1210 SMD LED Lighting with Hook - Automotive LED Lights - LEDLight

Lights for the palms are also powered by a 9v battery. I got these at DealExtreme $2.61 each. It took about 10 days to arrive. In one of the screen shot I've attached a mini slide switch next to the thumb for easy access.

2W 9-SMD LED 126-Lumen 6500K White Dome Light (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Lastly I added a mini fan I got from Radio Shack and mounted in in the face plate for cooling. I wired it to the 9v battery running the lights.

I'd like ta see pics of build progress ta see how your method works th' finished product in cardboard is amazing ta say th' least care ta share how you did it bra?:cool

I'll add progress pictures as I go along but here are some of the older pics. I don't have any of the legs and forearm progress though.

Jet pack parts

My parts came in and it's now time for me to work on the jet pack. Here's a list of the things I'll be using. I still have to modify the door hinges so that I can attach the push rod to it.

4 sets of Robart door hinge:
Amazon.com: Robart Manufacturing Large Door Hinges: Toys & Games

UPDATE: I'LL BE USING THE THREADED ROD INSTEAD (SEE PAGE 3)
2 sets of Traxxas push rod (only one set is shown in the picture below)
Amazon.com: Traxxas Pushrod, Steel: Revo: Toys & Games

4 Hitec HS-322HD deluxe
Amazon.com: Hitec 33322S HS-322HD Standard Deluxe Karbonite Gear Servo: Toys & Games

UPDATE: I'M NOW USING A 12 CHANNEL POLOLU MICRO MAESTRO
The 6 channel still works but I wanted the extra channels for later on.

1 pololu micro maestro 6 channel USB servo controller
Amazon.com: Micro Maestro 6-channel USB Servo Controller: Electronics

Last edited:
Jet pack

Before I start cutting I had to make sure that when I remove the flaps the existing back piece wouldn't collapse due to lack of structure. I added extra cardboard to support the back piece. The two pictures below is a before and after shot.

Jet pack

The cardboard support worked and the suit kept it's structure. I was then able to cut the flaps out.

Last edited:
Jet pack

From the screenshots I took of the avengers trailer this is what I think the flaps looks like but I could be completely wrong. Although the bottom flaps are straight in the pictures I think they actually open up in an angle. For now this is a quick mock up.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back