DeltaStryker000

Of course no spoilers for Avengers: Endgame until at least 1 month after release date.

EDIT - due to the Russo Brothers declaring the ban on spoilers for Endgame null and void, spoilers are now fair game.

Is anyone aware of, or in current possession of, a foam unfold or model being worked on for the Mark 85? I haven't built a suit in a couple years and because of Endgame I desperately want to build my own Mark 85.

Things that I think should be included in a great unfold are similar to what would be included in a great unfold of the Mark 50 suit.

If anyone is working on a model and needs some pics for reference, I'll post those here too and make sure they're not spoiler-ish

d0f457c82a6eeb0f2c75feb8874a1f7b.jpg

a883248c097635421d1643dcfd567c12.jpg

b8c06f7e844509606dfdff55bab8359b.jpg

6e87006bb0710a644f00aa4482ed78cc.jpg

6ccae3b4a8b51cb8f7bbe3206a26e60d.jpg

5a416a1e9a9d9100917ea4ecd6b22770.jpg

Yes, I know most of these images are based on the toy version of the Mark 85 but having seen Endgame myself I can confirm that the toy is very accurate to the movie.

Last edited:
Thanks for the file link, I plan on building this. I was planning on doing an unfold from 3D files but super busy with builds.
I'll post a thread once started, I'm working on finishing a MK-4 for a con in May, currently have one piece left to build and I'm sealing and painting.

Holy cow this is fantastic! I was aware of the etsy unfold but $50? Eh... I'd rather spend the funds I do have on supplies rather than the pattern.

I was not aware of this free unfold though! Thanks The14thDr! I will have to scale up the suit a bit (Its 5'11'', I'm 6'2'') but otherwise this is awesome! I'm gonna attempt to get these printed ASAP!

EDIT

Alright now I've got the files downloaded onto my dedicated pepakura computer. I'm going to attempt to get them printed here fairly soon. I'll keep a photographic log in this thread.

Last edited:
Holy cow this is fantastic! I was aware of the etsy unfold but $50? Eh... I'd rather spend the funds I do have on supplies rather than the pattern.

I was not aware of this free unfold though! Thanks The14thDr! I will have to scale up the suit a bit (Its 5'11'', I'm 6'2'') but otherwise this is awesome! I'm gonna attempt to get these printed ASAP!

EDIT

Alright now I've got the files downloaded onto my dedicated pepakura computer. I'm going to attempt to get them printed here fairly soon. I'll keep a photographic log in this thread.

How are you going to 3d print the pepakura files? Will they not come out all blocky and low poly?

Alright so now that everything in Endgame is fair game according to the Russo Brothers, I'm going to post my list things I want to build or find patterns for the mark 85. Any advice or links to patterns are greatly appreciated.

- A model of the nano gauntlet when Tony used the stones at the end of the movie. (because the version Hulk used and the version Tony used ARE different)
- Full arm blasters that were seen on the mark 50 and mark 85.
- The shield projector and possibly the blue shield as seen on the mark 85
- energy redistribution device that created extra repulser beams when Thor blasted Tony
- The 3 different swords that were produced from the mark 50 and the mark 85. More specifically the sword Thanos used to impale Tony, the one with a glowing blue edge right at the beginning of the fight with Thanos in Endgame, and the sword that was just barely seen when Tony was first going at Ebony Maw.
- The wings as seen on the mark 50 and possibly on the mark 85 (I didn't see the wings in Endgame but I assume they were there)

Avengers-Endgame-Gauntlet-Movie-Promo-Edition-01__scaled_800.jpg

iron-man_marvel_gallery_5c4ccf3a89623.jpg

CYn55mqP4nfbAJpDD2ttGh-1200-80.jpg

iron-mans-new-endgame-suit-officially-revealed-by-avengers-toy-822x411.jpg

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-iron-man-mark-l-accessories-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903804-041.jpg

39625791_313484639229774_2617183045312053248_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If you're doing the Nano Gauntlet for Iron Man, its basically just the Mark 85's right arm and hand but the fingers only go up to the first joint. They're also a bit different from the normal fingers. Here's a picture of what I mean:
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 5.11.28 PM.png

If you're doing the Nano Gauntlet for Iron Man, its basically just the Mark 85's right arm and hand but the fingers only go up to the first joint. They're also a bit different from the normal fingers. Here's a picture of what I mean:
View attachment 1019295

Thanks for the pic man! The reason I didn't use any film still or screenshots in this thread is because I've seen Endgame twice and neither time could I pick out much detail from when Tony was using the nano gauntlet because of the J. J. Abrams amount of lens flares the stones threw in that scene. I know it almost looks like the rest of his fingers aren't covered but the nano gauntlet "toy" that is being released is screen accurate according to Marvel. So unless Marvel lied and someone can get their hands on an un-lens flared clip of that scene, I'm going to have full fingers for my nano gauntlet.

I'm currently working on my own build of the Mark 85 and from what I could see during the movie he only had the Holographic shield, Nano Refocuser, Energy Blade, Repulsor Cannon and the Nano Gauntlet. I've finished modelling both the suits and the nano-tech accessories and will get to work printing it as soon as I get around to fixing my printers and as soon as I get more filament. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see many new nano-tech accessories like the amount we got in Infinity War.

I'm currently working on my own build of the Mark 85 and from what I could see during the movie he only had the Holographic shield, Nano Refocuser, Energy Blade, Repulsor Cannon and the Nano Gauntlet. I've finished modelling both the suits and the nano-tech accessories and will get to work printing it as soon as I get around to fixing my printers and as soon as I get more filament. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see many new nano-tech accessories like the amount we got in Infinity War.

Thats awesome man!

I'm including the accessories from the mark 50 for that exact same reason but also because each new iteration of the Iron Man suits, canonically, has the abilities of all previous suits.

EDIT

Something else I want to do is when I build the nano gauntlet. Its a very old school technique I haven't seen done in quite some time but I think it will look great for the gauntlet. I'm going to use EL wire to emulate the strings of power that ran from the stones through the suit when Tony used the stones.

Last edited:
Consider using Smoothie 3D to turn screenshots/photos into 3D files (thanks for the tip Quantum Stan ),which you can then open up in pepakura designer and unfold.This way you can create files that haven't been created/released yet.I hope that info may help you on your way

Consider using Smoothie 3D to turn screenshots/photos into 3D files (thanks for the tip Quantum Stan ),which you can then open up in pepakura designer and unfold.This way you can create files that haven't been created/released yet.I hope that info may help you on your way

Wow, I didn't even consider creating the patterns myself. The dedicated computer I have for Pepakura is rather slow so if I try to do it then theres a chance it won't be practical but hey, worth a shot though. Thanks man!

Credit goes to Quantum Stan for coining the idea for this software though,but you're welcome.You probably have to read into the specifics and watch a few youtube tutorials to get it right,but at least you'll have something to work with

Hey fellow Iron Man builders...does anyone have scaling,sizing chart recommendations? I'm about 5'8, 160 lbs...not sure if I need to scale up or down with my files from RW 3D Studios

Hey fellow Iron Man builders...does anyone have scaling,sizing chart recommendations? I'm about 5'8, 160 lbs...not sure if I need to scale up or down with my files from RW 3D Studios

usually what we used to do (because I'm not sure what the conventional wisdom is now) was build the helmets first because the head is rarely perfectly proportional to the rest of the body. Then we'd build the chest aka breastplate because the rest of the body is actually fairly proportional and the chest is arguably the part of the suit that will attract the most attention. From there, if the chest correctly fits then its a safe assumption that the rest of the suit will fit. This all assumes that you are a rather fit guy because, the default scale assumes a fitness similar to that of RDJ. If you're not, then you are gonna have to scale it to fit you better.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back