Iron Man Mark 7 !!

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by ihmv12, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ihmv12

ihmv12 New Member

2. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I heard about this today. I am just not a fan and it looks like its heading the way of Manga-ish

3. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

I agree not feeling this one at all. The Mark3 IMO is still the nicest design of them all.

4. silverskyes402

silverskyes402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just wait till you see the actual version, looks much much better ;)

5. STEALTH

STEALTH Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Booooooo:thumbsdown

MARK III FOREVER!

6. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Can't see it, haven't liked the suits to much since the Mark3. They progressively get worse from that point IMO. Only thing at all I like about this suit is they went back to a round unibeam/arc.

STEALTH likes this.
  7. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

agree 100%

8. STEALTH

The Mark III is the "Robocop" of Costumes. You shouldn't mess with the look of it.

9. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

Chest looks smaller, Shoulders look like war machines. WTF is up with the bicept and why is he back to the circle instead of the triangle?

10. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

Chest looks like it sticks out further, doesn't look as sleek(aerodynamic), like Maul said, it's too cartoony

11. wickedoffroad

wickedoffroad Active Member

Whats with the little flaps on the sides of the boots? Next thing you know itll have sparkles and be "fabulous" lol

12. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I have no great opinion of it......for me I grew up in the 80's so I prefer his sleeker red and gold comic style armor any day over the screen versions that goes for all the marvel movies lately though. My favorite armor has always been the silver and red combo. I am curious to see this armor on screen and not just a prototype. I bet it will be glorious and crazy awesome.:)

13. Lildo

Lildo Active Member

I don't like this look, I prefer Mark IV or VI

14. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

Exactly.

15. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I saw this today at the local walmart and I thought I would snap a few pics of it. It looks a lot like the statue above to me. What do you guys think?

16. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm going to be the weirdo here and say I actually REALLY like it. Maybe because it's a bit slimmer and more "machine-like" as opposed to the Mark III which was a bit softer and a bit too rounded for my tastes. It made Iron Man look puffy. Don't get me wrong, the Mark II is gorgeous, but this is just much more my speed.

I don't like the new angles around the vent on the helmet though. (We've known about those for a while now)

And while I prepare for the backlash, someone find me shots of the back of this thing!

-Nick

17. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Active Member

I personally love the Mark IV, I'm not hating this though. All for the sake of progress I suppose.

18. Jobiwan319

Jobiwan319 New Member

I like Mark 3 and VI, but I'd like to see actual on screen pics, first.

19. WarPig

WarPig Sr Member

The Mark III is *the* armor for me. That said, I like this better than the VI. It's getting closer to the "flexible skin"-type armor in the comics. My only real "complaint" is the Wonder-Bra chest armor :)

As far as seeing it in the movie: I'll take the Mk I if we can have a good story line back :lol

20. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

This doesn't do anything for me. Not liking the color scheme.

21. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

Me neither it isn't 100% the same design, but the torso, legs and helmet look pretty close although the action figure has the triangle arc and not the round one.

22. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and say I didn't like the mark 6 suit when i first saw it, then it grew on me. So maybe this will too. I think we're not liking the suit because of how the statue is standing, maybe it looks different standing straight. I'll wait and see. Having said that I still don't think I will be at the theater on the night of release...

23. coofunkcurly

coofunkcurly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah....I dunno. Looks overly complex just for the sake of being overly complex.

24. STEALTH

makes sense considering this looks like the mark III concept art isn't it? Not exactly of course but they're using a lot of recycled elements off old concepts and old armor.

notice the mark III cod.

25. FrogmanStudio

FrogmanStudio Active Member

I dunno. They all looked alike to me, except for the 'Original' suit. I loved in the comics that they had some similarities, but also seriously drastic changes. He's an inventor after all, not a designer with a one trick pony.

26. Fennec

Fennec Active Member

Will this be the one screened in The Avengers film next summer? Because it says at the bottom of the picture
    "Iron Man Mark 7 Avengers Movie ArtFx Statue"

Here is a screen shot I took of The official Avengers Movie Trailer.
    It looks like they are keeping Mark VI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. GASH

GASH New Member

Doesn't look that far off from the Mark III.

28. STEALTH

The mark VI is going to show up. Yes, but this is a market where they make extra revenue from merchandise based off the characters. You'll defintely see another suit in the movie.

How else are they going to sell more toys? :)

29. Scucas

Scucas New Member

I personally loved the mark 5 suit! The one that is his briefcase version, thought that was the coolest design!

30. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I honestly am not a fan of any of the movie armors, I guess I'm stubborn but I prefer the 80s and early 90s comic versions.

31. aron42486

aron42486 Well-Known Member

Wes, I'm exactly the opposite :lol. I was never a fan of the comic suits but loved the movie Mark III and haven't cared for any of the updated movie versions.

32. thire

thire Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Huge fan of the V but haven't really seen one yet that comes as close as all the other great builds (III, IV, VI)...

I too was not all that impressed with the comic version but love the movie interpretations.

33. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Other than the skinny legs and the reverting to the Round RT I don't mind it to much - guess the final color scheme will really decide. As others have said, Stark is a tinkerer. He's always changing, modifiying, tweaking etc. So it makes sense that the armor is constantly changing. And it works for the licensing for the most part. Having a large variety of IM figs makes more sense than "winter attack" Captain america or "sonic Blast" batman (toy names have been changed to protect the innocent).

34. rosskow

rosskow Well-Known Member

Retractable wings? what does iron man need retractable wings for? :confused

i dont know about the silver patches in those screen grabs

35. baden3

baden3 Active Member

i say its a kind of mark 3 + mark 4 looking suit, i just finished constructing the chest plate for this build. the thighs are going to be a challenge x.x

36. Fennec

Fennec Active Member

Which suit? Mark 3, 4, 6 or 7?