Iron Man Mark 42 Replica Armor Practice (Cardboard)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by HeerMeMoo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. HeerMeMoo

HeerMeMoo New Member

Hello everyone! Being the first post I've made, I believe that I should introduce myself. I am Gregory Pastor-Hall, I'm 13, and i'm making a iron man suit replica and i decided to join the forums to seek advice and to prosper beyond my own limits in my design capability. This post will currently have the cardboard practice model and if that goes well i'll move onto the real foam replica.

Here's What I Have So Far(Chest):
    WIN_20150730_095256.JPG

2. joberg

joberg Master Member

It's always encouraging to see the young'uns starting into prop/costume making:) The cardboard you're using is not the best for cutting and getting straight lines. That said it's a mock-up as you've mentioned. It's also good to see what kind of everyday household product you could use to do that reactor rim. Look around you and you'll discover treasures!
    Keep on trucking, it's the only way to improve. Eager to see your next update.

VilleLeskinen and Murdoch like this.
  3. HeerMeMoo

HeerMeMoo New Member

New Update!

I moved the upper plates of the chest back/into position and i expanded the outer edges!

WIN_20150804_095350.JPG

I also request a link to a mark 42 foam helmet template.

More Updates Soon!

Dieguito31 likes this.
  4. HeerMeMoo

HeerMeMoo New Member

SORRY FOR THE BUMP! Can staff please PRIVATE/HIDE/LOCK this thread for me WITHOUT DELETING IT? Much appreciated, thanks!

-Moo

5. Murdoch

Murdoch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A great start, don't get discouraged by hiding this post. Search other threads and read, read, read. YouTube tutorials are helpful as well. Like Joberg said lots of treasures to be discovered here. GO MAN GO

Dieguito31 and VilleLeskinen like this.