1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest IRON MAN MARK 42 / 43 Age of Ultron full wearable armor suit LIMITED OFFER Run .

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by masked rider, Apr 30, 2015.

1. masked rider

masked rider Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Guys , its a great timing for me to start this thread as the movie just hits theater . Working on this project together with my buddy , and he did great work on the 3D model and put in all the details in this suit . We decided to print most of the parts from Shapeways so to keep the quality and details of the model.

The 1st batch parts was uploaded to Shapeways and it's printing progress now, we should be able to get it in coming 2 weeks time.

Since we've chosen Shapeways to get all parts done and shipping back to us, so we are going to take ONLY 5 confirm spot with deposit paid in order to make sure that we still survived from the high import tax :) and able to keep working on this project to completion.

At this point we don't know what exactly the total cost of the suit, but we're thinking to offer the completed suit at $4200USD + Shipping cost via DHL EXPRESS for these limited 5 spots to break even the material and building cost as an appreciation as well as being part of the party for this great build.

After this one off limited suit run is completed, next batch of Full finished suit will be revert to regular price offer at $4800~$5000USD

This MARK 42 / 43 Full finished Wearable armor will be cast in High Quality Resin/ Fiberglass and finish painted by 2K quality automotive paint , as u can see all my previous IRON MAN armor on my build thread . For this armor , i will cast the NECK , Joint insert in soft urethane material to have better movement . And i will use different kinds of material to create the most details suit armor .

For the size , my buddy build the size and proportion of 3D model based on movie accurate scale , and it should fit on 6 feet and above of athletic body . Statue Version will be 6 feet and 3 inches of height .

I need deposit of 1000 USD to confirm in a Spot , LIMITED FOR ONLY 5 suits at this Special offer price . I will close this run after 5 spots filled . The rest will be at regular price when ive done this 5 suits .

I take paypal at : leslee_hoisoo@yahoo.com

Kindly include your Username , Full shipping address and Tel no. in Paypal while make payment .

Please do not hesitate to contact me if u have any question , or feel free to post comment here and will get back to u as soon .

Spots are limited and are first come, first serve !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

* that's a fine suit! need to see about this. Good luck with the sales Leslee. I can vouch for the quality if anyone is wondering, I own one of Leslee's War Machines and the build is amazing as is the finish!

3. masked rider

Thanks Bro. I'll sure put in all my best to bring this suit to live. Gonna make it as movie quality. ;)

Bro , It's time to be Mark 43 . ;)

4. funkster

funkster Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wish I could afford two of your suits in a year Leslee :(

5. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Alas, too short for the suit.

6. masked rider

Yes u can bro.... just reserve the spot with deposit and u will get the special price. The rest of balance when I'm ready with the suit and it should be couple of months to save up. ;)

7. masked rider

U can achieve the height with elevator shoe , just like Tony Stark. When the suit open up, he walk a step down. U can watch this on Iron man 3 and Avengers AUO scene . Lol...

RiotJavelinDX likes this.
  8. luckydoll09

luckydoll09 Active Member

Leslee can you make Ultron suit next after that .....

webhead79 likes this.
  9. Sentry02

Sentry02 Active Member

I just bought a Mk 3 from you and it is in build, but PM sent. :)

10. masked rider

Will consider that.. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bro. I will reply to u. ;)

11. JJ Griffin

JJ Griffin Sr Member

This is exceptional! Mind if I ask who modeled it for you? :)

12. masked rider

PM replied . Thanks .

- - - Updated - - -

From my buddy - skylu3Design ;)

JJ Griffin likes this.
  13. dday

dday Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm into it... Just trying to find out how to make it work financially.

sending a PM.

14. masked rider

Thanks bro , got your PM and will reply to u shortly . ;)

15. masked rider

One spot confirmed with deposit . 4 left !!!

16. GRINCH

GRINCH Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So tempting....

webhead79 likes this.
  17. masked rider

Thanks bro... I believe u are waiting for this .. Lol .

18. Tony Stark III

Tony Stark III Well-Known Member

Im way too short, but i look forward to seeing pics....

19. partsguy17

partsguy17 Active Member

Height yes, athletic body no ;) beautiful suit as always

20. luckydoll09

luckydoll09 Active Member

What size the waist can fit in that suit....?

21. masked rider

Thanks Tony , some mod or add the special shoe in the shoe armor should work ... ;)

Sure , will update more pics when the print arrived .

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bro. Height yes : Perfect , athletic body no : Not big problem :D

Glad u like it .

22. reelprops

reelprops Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought you had one already.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. masked rider

We build the model follow the correct scale , the waist should be adjustable and fit few size range .

24. Tony Stark III

curious what your plans for inner elbow and inner armpit and back of knee would be???

doing any kind of rubber insert like the neck?

25. byetter

byetter Member

Hi Leslee - Im interested! Just sent you a PM -

26. skylu3Design

skylu3Design Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The model is in sleeve pad form for wearing, would be print in this shape and cast with soft material, I believe Leslee will definitely choose the right one to do :).

[​IMG]

27. masked rider

I'm Planning to cast these part by soft urethane rubber, for easy movement. As for the neck armor, I may use the rubber material same as all my previous iron man armor , that way I should be able to paint it in accurate way. I will share all the armor work for sure.

28. masked rider

29. Tony Stark III

well. like I said Im too short 5 ft 6. for the suit but I would definitely purchase the shoulder, a neck, inner elbow and maybe inner back knee as a set if its available..

also a BUMP cuz i love when Masked Rider offers awesome ***** for the people.
    cant wait to see how this looks.

30. dday

I think when you use fully enclosed parts in a very soft rubber it will be great. You should also consider some sort of a ridge on the edge of the parts to lock into the parts and keep them in the same place. I would have for them to slide about during wear. This is more about the elbows and knees the shoulders can be held in place by a strap along the back connecting them both.

Maybe the full system can connect via straps and velcro to allow for different locations for different wearers so it can be adjusted a little bit.

The 2 shoulders would be connected via a strap across the back and each elbow would connect to a strap coming down from the shoulder inserts. It could possible be a single strap going all the way across to distribute the weight.

31. masked rider

Thanks for all the tips bro. I will look into all your suggestions when I have all the parts in hand. We will work step by step and post update here and on my build thread. ;)

32. byetter

byetter Member

Thanks for offering this gentlemen. I'm excited to invest!

33. dday

Looking forward to it!

I'm not a master sculptor, crafter or anything but sometimes I come up with some good ideas :D Glad to provide them if they help.

skylu3Design likes this.
  34. masked rider

Thanks bro . Got u in a spot . ;)

Nice , thanks bro .... u may share more of your thought when i have some parts in hand. ;)

35. Zexcced

Zexcced Active Member

masked rider

Just a question, wouldn't it be even better if you were to upload the full suit on Shapeways for the cost of 4800-5000$ ? And/Or make the inner parts for sale right now on rubbery material on Shapeways for some income? As some people with the Ironman suit could use that inner layout for a good use.

I've followed the progress of the suit and everything. I'm suggesting you could also upload parts of the suit on Shapeways, and some could also be able to buy parts of the suit and assemble it monthly or maybe for future plans.. :lol

Please don't get offended from what I said.

Wish you the best in selling the full suit, until then. I'm a normal citizen for now. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  36. skylu3Design

skylu3Design Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmm... actually I think the price on Shapeways for $4800~$5000 is hard to reach the thickness/ hardness of fiberglass cast piece, not talking about the additional smoothing works to be applied to each armor pieces... :p

Yeah, the inner rubber parts.... I still remembered last time when we offering the MOS suit, we was plan to upload the shoe base to Shapeways for a few sizes.
    Cause it is hard to compile the shoe size to fulfill most foot, and actually I have uploaded US size 11~12 to shapeways.... it showed "not printable" to me lol

Hope this answered your question :).
    I hope one day you will become another Iron Man after suit this up ;)

37. masked rider

Thanks for the suggestions. As my buddy has response, I don't think u can print the full suit with this cost.. should be nearly double this price to get all pieces together ... . and Yes..u will need more work to prepare the printed parts, bondo, sanding.. primer.. and u won't get the thickness and quality as fiber glass unless u gonna mold and cast it..

We wish to save everyone time and work.. and also cost for offering full finished suit..... I will make it worth for all that pay for. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  38. partsguy17

partsguy17 Active Member

For myself, the neck piece on the MK3 kit was to small and I couldn't close it, I take an 18 1/2 collar (shirt size) any idea what size this will be?

39. masked rider

Have u try this , by trim off some lower part of the neck armor , due to different size of neck length , some of my previous buyer did that . I will take note and make the neck bigger size .

40. LorduDesign

LorduDesign Sr Member

*, this armor is really the best! Love it!

41. masked rider

Thanks man . ;) glad u like it .

42. masked rider

All PM replied.

We have 2 spot confirmed with deposit. 1 spot pending on deposit.

byetter likes this.
  43. masked rider

One more spot confirmed with deposit... 2 to go....

44. Oceal

Oceal New Member

Will this suit include the auto-open and close-option on the mask, as in all the Ironman movies?

45. dday

I really doubt it.

The servo mech and parts are generally about an additional $150 or so.

46. se7entee4

se7entee4 New Member

pm sent.

47. Lady Stark

Lady Stark New Member

Ugh, why haven't I won the lotto yet, that is beautiful... ; . ;

48. masked rider

Lol.... thanks ... u wont need to win the lotto for this suit , u still have time to save up for .... lol ... ;)

49. masked rider

1st batch of printed piece arrived . My buddy did great work on the model , im very pleased with the sharp details and line on the pieces , now its time to start working ..:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50. masked rider

More close - up pics to show details of printed piece .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

skylu3Design and GRINCH like this.