Iron man Mark 4

Mektar

Sr Member
Hi guys. Just thought id post up my IM build. This is just an update on how far i progressed and basicly just wanted to share it with you all.

This is my first ever build so bare with me :p

First of just wanna thank Stealth, Xrobots, Drack for their tutorials and JFcustom for the foam files.

This is what i got so far.

dsc07925k.jpg

dsc07924ha.jpg
dsc07929j.jpg
dsc07928m.jpg
dsc07919t.jpg

I also have the hip pods, hand plates, spine and neck piece but ill post those once its all painted up. I was thinking if i should go with plastidip or plastic coating. Ill prob go plastidip with this build and see how it turns out.

For the foam i used plastazote LD45 for the entire suit apart from the helmet. The rest is prob same or similar to what other people use so no point posting it.

I have been amazed at some of the stuff that i have seen and now im just happy to be a part of this community.

Jo.

Last edited:
Re: Iron man Mk VI

Really good and clean !!
Is the upper body in one piece ?
Can you explain your way from glued foam to this ?

Go on ;)

Re: Iron man (remade chest and back)

So i changed my mind and thought id go with the mark 4. While only the chest is different i also remade the back cus those were the first 2 pieces i made. However they did have a few flaws so now im happy i did so

dsc07951p.jpg

Now just need to attach the parts, add detail, seal, paint. Also making a new helmet from foam incase i wont be able to finish my resin one. Now im just waiting on more stuff to arive so i can continue...

I thought the mark 4 was just basically a slightly slicker version of the mark 3?

Iron-Man-3-suit-specifications-feature-image.jpg

Excellentwork so far, btw. It looks really really good. ;)

How'd I miss this one? Really nice work man :)
Looking forward to how this takes shape.

Looks fantastic. I'm jumping to plastazote myself after seeing some of the builds with it. I've been working with EVA, but the cleanest builds seem to be using plastazote.

Hi, This build looks really good and I have seen some others that are also verry nice and it makes me want to build one too... Now I'm from Belgium too and my question is how can i get my hands on plastazote D45... I also would like to start with the head. Any advice on where to get the propper material (I have the templates from stealth's website)? It would be a lot of help to get started :) thx in advance!

I can finally post an update again since work lately has been so busy and cant spend as much time on the suit as i want. :D

Entire suit with plastidip. (nearly atleast)
z5g7.jpg of2w.jpg

Also getting a bit closer now to a helmet :p
Decided to actually make a mold from my foam helmet cus i would prefer to have a cast and wanted to give it a shot.

fvmm.jpg 4wae.jpg

Will try to have a cast this weekend so i can start working on detail etc.
Also waiting on Docholiday's gloves wich will be great!

Main goal still is for a con in October. Suit will def be ready altho if helmet isnt ill wear the foam one as a last resort :D

Really clean work, I really like it. One question: have you tried it on? I only ask because the waist looks really small compared to the chest, so i'm curious how it fits.

Keep up the good work and the updates!

Really clean work, I really like it. One question: have you tried it on? I only ask because the waist looks really small compared to the chest, so i'm curious how it fits.

Thnx :) and y have tried it on. It wouldnt fit now tho as im off season atm so weight is a bit more.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back