IRON MAN J.A.R.V.I.S. Sound help....

cdenim

First off..... I am so happy to have accidentally found this amazing forum. *****.. I'm really not alone. Truly great work here from some extremely talented people......

Ok. so continuing my ongoing work on my mark 43 suit.. I was wondering who has integrated a J.A.R.V.I.S. sound board into there suit? I really think having some sort of interactive jarvis sound board maybe just coming through a set of small speakers in or near the helmet would be a great feature to incorporate in my suit. Now i have no experience working with soundboards.. but i can wire up and figure out just about anything. This being my 2nd suit i cheated a little. I will post a full build thread for everyone once i get some time. It is a (buyfullbodyarmours) M43. I found it in absolute pieces, most of which were broken. I mean there wasn't anything connected to anything else.. wires ripped about, missing pieces, hanging by elastic pieces. And see as I didn't purchase this directly from them... I got nowhere and a whole lot of nothing contacting them for help. Anyway its been almost 2 years but putting it on when A.C.E. came to chicago and getting the reaction I got.... something someone never forgets... again i will do a full build for everyone to see shortly. Here she is as of the moment..
7WKaq.jpg

7WDkf.jpg

I already have a set of speakers under the flaps for the walking sound effect started with a pressure switch in each boot bottom. I had found someone from china on the good ol bay who was making these, after alot of modification i got the sound louder and up high enough to actually appear as if its emulating from the suit. But it was getting that sound effect on that board that was the key.. So tying in a couple jarvis phrases for power up. shut down. some of his cocky stuff would be easy given i have speakers mounted in the right location.. Just don't know how to go about this. Time to learn something new. Want to see what your ideas for this have been. I appreciate it RPF... glad to have found a home!!! But really any help would be greatly appreciated..lol

If you just want a simple 'trigger/play sound' type of effect.. thats easy enough..

Arduino Pro-Mini (clone) $3.00 USD
DFPlayer $3.00 USD

speaker and buttons to choice..

Code for the Arduino is super easy as well..

Try Adafruit, I used their sound board to add JARVIS effects to my gauntlet. It is very simple to use, it plugs into your USB drive and you drag sound files (*wav, I do believe it uses other formats), naming them 1, 2, 3 etc. You then add a switches to ground the connections on the board that correspond to those numbers. It gets its power from the USB port so when it is plugged into your PC, it is powered up. To power it in the suit, use a USB battery pack.
It has a 3.5mm audio jack that you can hard wire over to a speaker. The board does not have an amplifier but that is OK. You want to use any of the blue type type speaker that all have amplifiers built in. The cool part is that your can get a small blue tooth transmitter that plugs into the sound board via the 3.5mm jack and links to your speaker. I built this into a friend's War Machine suit and gave him the effect of sounding like he was walking in a metal suit, servo sound and metal hitting concrete when he walked. With two UE BOOM speakers built into the calf of his suit, he was a hit at Dallas Comic Con. It was definitely loud enough since the cons are in large areas on you need to overcome loud background noises.

If you do NOT want any 'logic' or control over things... you can use the DFPlayer in the same fashion as the Adafruit board..

It also has an on-board AMP is pretty decent volume wise as is.

If you want use an external amp/power speakers.. you can just use the DAC pins instead of the SPEAKER pins..

still roughly $3.00 USD

That what I used to design the kit for Valors (member here) Rocketeer Jet Pack stuff..

Added bonus when used with an Arduino or other microcontroller.. is that is can also control lights.. or use any logic you code into it.

:)

thats an amazing suit!!!

im so jealous right now

Man.. coming from you guys... Thank you.. Yeah... i can't say ( as i'm sure you more than know) this hasn't been easy. the buy full body armor suit was a neat design in its ability to articulate and move with you. ie.. the abs all being separate and can move independently from each other and the suit. Same with the shoulders, hips, thighs, the knee and lower calf are about the most impressive. but when these are all connected using elmers glue and cheap Chinese elastic strands fraying apart... one isn't going to have alot of wear with it. Because i had no blueprint or information other than pictures I scrapped all the junk that held this thing together and thought what would really work for someone wearing this. both in suiting up and walking around. I used alot of magnetic buckles for ease of strapping and... they just seam to play the part better than snaps... now it all comes apart, moves, goes together like it should..LOL.. those damn stupid rivet screws still pop out here and there but as one falls out... a dab of structure adhesive and its in there permanently. Ultimately i hope to figure out how i can suit up without the help of someone. But as of right now that someone happens to be my better half and she's really into this too.. it just be a tad more fun if she fit the Pepper role better than a dark skinned, dark hared Puerto Rican woman does. So at Ace we just made her Pepe Pot-ronas. Tony's hot latin assistant. She had just as many guys trying to take pictures with her.. ahhh man i can't wait till C2E2 in march. Its Chicago's biggest Con expo... damn that crept up fast...

If you do NOT want any 'logic' or control over things... you can use the DFPlayer in the same fashion as the Adafruit board..

It also has an on-board AMP is pretty decent volume wise as is.

If you want use an external amp/power speakers.. you can just use the DAC pins instead of the SPEAKER pins..

still roughly $3.00 USD

That what I used to design the kit for Valors (member here) Rocketeer Jet Pack stuff..

Added bonus when used with an Arduino or other microcontroller.. is that is can also control lights.. or use any logic you code into it.

:)

Brother that sounds right up my alley. I am looking into both as i type this. I had just realized replying to Mad Monkey the C2E2 is coming up in roughly 2 months.. Should be enough time to get this in there and work all the bugs out. The speakers i have for the walking sound effect should be sufficient and since i have them up in the rear flap area...that be the right location to emulate where the J.a.r.v.i.s. interface would come from anyway. Many thanks to Ironbilly58 too.. As i play around with this I might need to pick your brain a bit more... Now that I found this place gentlemen. You damn well know I'll be posting updates as i work through it. Really can't say thank you enough

*whispers from the sidelines* One of us, one of us...

Also, hope to see what you do with this. A working JARVIS system is one of the reasons I picked up C++ (and I'm a glutton for punishment)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back